Yahoo buys All Seeing Eye. Is it worth using/registering?

Joe

I like to play campaigns in flight sims because they provide a sense of
striving for some long term goal like making a higher rank in FB/PF or
moving the front lines in CFS3 (with "Firepower" of course).

I dont play online all that much and when I do play it is usually a
head-to-head with my son (He's 35, I'm 54) or a short pickup dogfight
through whatever game locator is provided in the game itself but I sometimes
think about registering with All Seeing Eye or other service so I can "hang
with the big boys" and perhaps find a crowd playing co-ops or other mission
oriented scenarios. I got such an urge the other day and started looking
around to see who was playing what and where.

I see that "All Seeing Eye" has been bought by Yahoo. I have no idea what
effect, if any, this will have on how ASE works for the users by my past
expierence with MPlayer, Gamespy, Heat (yep, I'm an old fart) and other
services that started out good but were ruined by going commercial is
setting off alarms. Any comments from anyone actually registered with ASE?

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/eula_check

I like using it, but I've never registered.
Hope that Yahoo doesn't go all draconian with it, they'll shoot themselves
in the foot.

Hyperlobbys still free for flight sims, someone else will set a system like
this up. If the exit strategy is to be bought out, why not.