Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Jane's WWII Fighters: Any new Detonator drivers without gr..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 4, 2005 11:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi,

I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td

thanks,

Georgy
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 5, 2005 4:51:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

<barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
news:p li701182tqv0hd0f505mttcc9f7ins3a9@4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
> distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
> Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
> and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
> Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
> drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
> I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
>
> thanks,
>
> Georgy

I run it with a GLIDE wrapper. It maxes-out at 1024 X 768, but it looks
like the original install.
February 5, 2005 5:54:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:51:45 -0800, "BeeFlow" <XXBeeXXFlXXXow@msn.com>
wrote:

>
><barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
>news:p li701182tqv0hd0f505mttcc9f7ins3a9@4ax.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
>> distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
>> Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
>> and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
>> Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
>> drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
>> I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Georgy
>
>I run it with a GLIDE wrapper. It maxes-out at 1024 X 768, but it looks
>like the original install.
>

I tried a few glidewrappers about two years ago but they didn't work,
so could you please tell me which glidewrapper you use with WWII
Fighters and were to get it?

thanks,

Georgy
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 5, 2005 5:54:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:54:07 +0100, barnowl@thebarn.com wrote:



>I tried a few glidewrappers about two years ago but they didn't work,
>so could you please tell me which glidewrapper you use with WWII
>Fighters and were to get it?
>
>thanks,
>
>Georgy

You don't need a glide wrapper with WWII Fighters. It supperts D3D or
OpenGL. I believe you change a line in a .ini file to switch it to
OpenGL.
February 7, 2005 6:13:59 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

I have a NVidia Ge Force TI-4800SE Card. Anything past version 45.23 causes
problems in WW2 fighters. I've seen posts before that others have noticed
the same thing.

From time to time I'll try the newer drivers (last time was about two weeks
ago), but I still have problems with the prop, landscape and airplane
textures.

I don't know which driver will work for the detonator, but you may want to
roll back to a really old driver and see if that helps.

I'm thinking about a new card, but it won't be NVidia due to this problem.

Best of luck - it is still one of my favorite sims.

Arizona


<barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
news:p li701182tqv0hd0f505mttcc9f7ins3a9@4ax.com...
> Hi,
>
> I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
> distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
> Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
> and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
> Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
> drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
> I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
>
> thanks,
>
> Georgy
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
February 7, 2005 6:14:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:13:59 GMT, "Arizona" <someone@somewhere.com>
wrote:

>I have a NVidia Ge Force TI-4800SE Card. Anything past version 45.23 causes
>problems in WW2 fighters. I've seen posts before that others have noticed
>the same thing.
>
>From time to time I'll try the newer drivers (last time was about two weeks
>ago), but I still have problems with the prop, landscape and airplane
>textures.
>
>I don't know which driver will work for the detonator, but you may want to
>roll back to a really old driver and see if that helps.
>
>I'm thinking about a new card, but it won't be NVidia due to this problem.
>
>Best of luck - it is still one of my favorite sims.
>
>Arizona

30.82 drivers work fine as I remember.
February 7, 2005 10:20:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:31:30 +0100, barnowl@thebarn.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
>distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
>Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
>and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
>Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
>drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
>I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
>
>thanks,
>
>Georgy

Hi everybody,

I tried dgVoodoo1.31 and this Glidewrapper works perfect with Jane's
WW2 Fighters!
I use the Detonator 66.93 WHQL drivers with my FX5700 and Windows XP
Pro and get a perfect working game with good framerates and no graphic
distortion...

Happy flying,

Georgy
!