Jane's WWII Fighters: Any new Detonator drivers without gr..

Hi,

I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td

thanks,

Georgy
6 answers Last reply
More about jane wwii fighters detonator drivers
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    <barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
    > distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
    > Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
    > and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
    > Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
    > drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
    > I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Georgy

    I run it with a GLIDE wrapper. It maxes-out at 1024 X 768, but it looks
    like the original install.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:51:45 -0800, "BeeFlow" <XXBeeXXFlXXXow@msn.com>
    wrote:

    ><barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
    >> distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
    >> Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
    >> and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
    >> Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
    >> drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
    >> I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> Georgy
    >
    >I run it with a GLIDE wrapper. It maxes-out at 1024 X 768, but it looks
    >like the original install.

    I tried a few glidewrappers about two years ago but they didn't work,
    so could you please tell me which glidewrapper you use with WWII
    Fighters and were to get it?

    thanks,

    Georgy
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:54:07 +0100, barnowl@thebarn.com wrote:

    >I tried a few glidewrappers about two years ago but they didn't work,
    >so could you please tell me which glidewrapper you use with WWII
    >Fighters and were to get it?
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Georgy

    You don't need a glide wrapper with WWII Fighters. It supperts D3D or
    OpenGL. I believe you change a line in a .ini file to switch it to
    OpenGL.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    I have a NVidia Ge Force TI-4800SE Card. Anything past version 45.23 causes
    problems in WW2 fighters. I've seen posts before that others have noticed
    the same thing.

    From time to time I'll try the newer drivers (last time was about two weeks
    ago), but I still have problems with the prop, landscape and airplane
    textures.

    I don't know which driver will work for the detonator, but you may want to
    roll back to a really old driver and see if that helps.

    I'm thinking about a new card, but it won't be NVidia due to this problem.

    Best of luck - it is still one of my favorite sims.

    Arizona

    <barnowl@thebarn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
    > distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
    > Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
    > and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
    > Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
    > drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
    > I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Georgy
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:13:59 GMT, "Arizona" <someone@somewhere.com>
    wrote:

    >I have a NVidia Ge Force TI-4800SE Card. Anything past version 45.23 causes
    >problems in WW2 fighters. I've seen posts before that others have noticed
    >the same thing.
    >
    >From time to time I'll try the newer drivers (last time was about two weeks
    >ago), but I still have problems with the prop, landscape and airplane
    >textures.
    >
    >I don't know which driver will work for the detonator, but you may want to
    >roll back to a really old driver and see if that helps.
    >
    >I'm thinking about a new card, but it won't be NVidia due to this problem.
    >
    >Best of luck - it is still one of my favorite sims.
    >
    >Arizona

    30.82 drivers work fine as I remember.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:31:30 +0100, barnowl@thebarn.com wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I would love to play WWII Fighters on my new system but I get graphic
    >distortion in the landscape, cockpit and text with the latest
    >Detonator drivers, I tried several Detonator drivers but only 30.82
    >and older drivers don't give the graphic distortion.
    >Does someone knows a fix, so I can still use the latest Detonator
    >drivers and don't get the graphic distortion?
    >I use a ASUS Geforce FX5700 td
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Georgy

    Hi everybody,

    I tried dgVoodoo1.31 and this Glidewrapper works perfect with Jane's
    WW2 Fighters!
    I use the Detonator 66.93 WHQL drivers with my FX5700 and Windows XP
    Pro and get a perfect working game with good framerates and no graphic
    distortion...

    Happy flying,

    Georgy

PC gaming Drivers Games IBM Video Games