UDMA/133. All hype?

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Okay, I know. It is all hype. Even UDMA/66 should be just barely able to cater for existing 7200rpm IDE HDs. But my question is, does that apply to master/slave configurations as well? With those, 2x66MB/s sounds like a good idea. Kee-rekt?

<font color=red><b><i>You want WHAT on the [-peep-] CEILING?!</i></b></font color=red> -Michelangelo

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Basically. Ata-100 is quite sufficient for a single modern IDE drive.
The only real advantages would be with native ability to detect super large drives and improved performance with 2 IDE drives on the single cable.

<b>Microsoft is good for you. MS has your best intrests at heart. MS products are easy to use, Reliable, Bug free and Secure. MS says so. What possible reason would they have to lie to you?</b>

Napoleon

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
My thoughts exactly. But I was wondering if someone has actually benchmarked two identical Maxtor drives in UDMA/100 and UDMA/133 master/slave RAID0 setups, e.g by switching the RAID card.

<font color=red><b><i>You want WHAT on the [-peep-] CEILING?!</i></b></font color=red> -Michelangelo

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm interesting idea
benchmarking 2 IDE RAID 0 drives on the same channel.

well Ive got 1 maxtor d740x... all i need is one more and i can do it on my raid equipped epoxy 8k3a+. :smile:
care to lend me one?

<b>Microsoft is good for you. MS has your best intrests at heart. MS products are easy to use, Reliable, Bug free and Secure. MS says so. What possible reason would they have to lie to you?</b>