Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hp jornada 728

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 25, 2012 11:00:00 PM

Hello everybody, my first time here at the forum.

i bought a hp jornada 728 from a website.
it is a windows ce platform
it got a pcim card slot.
here is the problem i got.
i attemp to connect the jornada 728 to use the netgear router hooked up into my wireless network.
i tried opening a port # 80.
but jornada doesn't do anything.
i see is via phone dialup airnet .old classic methods to get internet.

how do i set up my jornada to use the pcim card ( it got ethernet connector adapter plug in) and i got another linksys pcmi card for 802.11b/g wireless card .

i dont have a desktop for syncronizer.it got broken months ago.

thank you so much.

Israel

More about : jornada 728

September 25, 2012 11:12:20 PM

For a 10 year old device I seriously doubt that you'll find anything that will work. However, you might get lucky and find something off this list:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp

If not there then you're out of luck.
Score
September 26, 2012 8:10:15 AM

ex_bubblehead said:
For a 10 year old device I seriously doubt that you'll find anything that will work. However, you might get lucky and find something off this list:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp

If not there then you're out of luck.

THANK YOUS SO MUCH SIR!!

thank you for that web site.it helped me find a compatible brand of wireless pcmcia card.
finally i may be able to get it online after a long time trying without any luck.

here is the info i found, i want to share it so other people will be able to solve the issue of wireless connection over a jornada 728.
3CRWE62092B Wireless Card-Xjack
Connectivity Wireless 802.11b
Type Notebook PCMCIA card
Adapter Type Wireless

Brand new factory-sealed 3Com 3CRWE62092B WiFi card with retractable antenna for HP Jornada 710/720/728 or PC's with Windows 98SE/Me/2000/XP or Pocket PC's with PPC 2002 and ARM/Xscale processor.

The card supports 128bit WEP (I tested). Driver and installation assistance for Jornada 7xx are provided (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN YOUR ORDER IF YOU NEED THIS DRIVER!). For other systems, please visit 3Com's website for support.

Israel
Score
!