Your question

Will I need a new router or not?

Tags:
  • Routers
  • Limit Bandwidth
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
November 8, 2012 9:31:28 PM

Am I able to setup/limit bandwidth on a Motorola ATT Modem/Router, or will I have to buy a new DSL Router?

These are the only options I see, that could possibly be of use, since I don't see QoS... My Netgear router, when I had TimeWarner cable, had more options than this even...

Thanks,

- SMOR3S

More about : router

November 9, 2012 1:46:20 AM

you should be able to set the motorola into bridge mode which will make work like a modem only and then you can connect a regular router that has all the optons you desire.

if you have problems setting the motorola into bridge mode call ATT and they should be able to help you
m
l
November 9, 2012 4:41:21 AM

Emerald said:
you should be able to set the motorola into bridge mode which will make work like a modem only and then you can connect a regular router that has all the optons you desire.

if you have problems setting the motorola into bridge mode call ATT and they should be able to help you

Bridge Mode? hmm.. I'll have to check into that, cause even before you replied, I went ahead and experimented, by hooking up the router to the ATT one, and it worked flawlessly.. It's a Netgear WGR614v10 btw... Wish it had DDWRT support :/ 

The only issue I am having atm is, setting up port forwarding with the same server IP address.. For example setting 2 port forward policies with an IP like 10.0.0.20 or w/e (It tells me I can't set both policies with the same server IP...) My IPv4 is Static also...

*NOTE* Do I need to set a IPv6, or does my network even support this feature? I heard it's not really used yet, but I was just wondering..

Thanks for the reply bro,

- SMOR3S
m
l
!