northernstar

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2002
I just bought a LG 52X CDROM to replace an old 24X Sony drive. My old sony could only read certain backed up cd's and now the LG suffers the same fate. I bought the LG to read more backed cd's since the sony doesn't read any backed up cd's at all any more. Is there any way around a problem? It's still not to late to return the LG for a different brand. What am i going to do? I am so frustrated with this cd rom thing. Could there be a problem with the type of cd-r's im using. Please Help!

Thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Its possible that the quality of the burnt CD is bad, hard to tell just from two drives.

The best drive to use to read the widest range of media is actually a cd burner, cd-rw drives typically are better build qality than just plain rom drives.

What brand CD-R's are they? What did u burn them with? What speed did u burn them at?

<b>Microsoft is good for you. MS has your best intrests at heart. MS products are easy to use, Reliable, Bug free and Secure. MS says so. What possible reason would they have to lie to you?</b>