4x DVD Burner - the Next Gen

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I was wondering if anyone had been following the DVD burners lately. I have been waiting until they develop a little bit, and I am thinking about putting one on my Christmas list. BUT, only if the next generation should be available soon. Does anyone know the progress of things in this market or how/where they stand? Is this a good time to buy? If so, why, and if not, when might be? Any news on a 4x DVD-R burner? Is DVD-R going to be the best format for buring movies onto DVD for wide compatibility on people's home players? What is the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R, I really have never understood this.
Thanks all!

Dan

you can buy sony's dvd+-RW/R for $315 at mwave. It should be in stock some time soon. It's not in stock now however.

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

taiwoong

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
pioneer has 4x dvd Recordable drive... I think it's called A105. looks very nice .. and only costs 315 with free shipping from newegg.com

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
"I have been waiting until they develop a little bit"

Me too. I'm waiting for an affordable 8x or greater DVD-R. I'll probably be waiting a good while though :frown: .