Sound Forge 7.0 & Vegas 5.0

Last response: in Home Audio
October 14, 2004 2:53:49 PM

I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.

Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.

Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file. This
occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Mark Engleman

P.S. I have submitted this issue to Sony Tech Support as well.

More about : sound forge vegas

Anonymous
October 14, 2004 5:17:34 PM

"No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<guCdnUOu4fs1D_PcRVn-jg@nni.com>...
> I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
> Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file. This
> occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
> noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
> utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
> suggestions?
>
> Mark Engleman
>
> P.S. I have submitted this issue to Sony Tech Support as well.

Hi Mark.
I use both SF7 and Vegas 4. I have seen the conversion leave nasty
artifacts. I thought it was an error on my part (by the way, "Batch
Converter," if you have it, is great for doing bulk conversions.)

In Sound Forge: What happens if you just "save as" with different file
format?

In Vegas: What happens when you render the track with a different
format?

I rarely convert, but I often save with different formats with no
noticeable artifacts.

-dave
www.themoodrings.com
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 7:34:34 PM

No Spam wrote:

> I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.

I'm curious. What's missing from each of those that
requires you to have both?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
October 15, 2004 12:50:01 AM

I'm guessing a quick fix would be to extend the file with empty audio so
that the tail becomes inconsequential.

"Anonymous Sender" <anonymous@remailer.metacolo.com> wrote in message
> |I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
> |Xeon Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound
> |Card: Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> First:
>

> Go here and download the latest drivers
> http://digitalaudio.com/digitalaudio/myarticles.asp?
> S=75&P=5357&PubID=4401&M=135373&page=myarticles.asp
>
> Then stand fast. When all else fails backup your original drivers
> and reload the new updated one. Make sure compatible with XP Pro, SP2!!!
>

> |Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
> What format real audio to wave?
>
> |Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> |another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
> |This occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format.
> |The noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file
> |conversion utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have
> |any suggestions?
>
> Go into Options in SF and check the buffer defaults, etc.
> Try the file again.
>
> 3. It could be the file conversion utility? See if compatible with
> XP Pro, SP2
>
> Most likely the utility is for a previous version.

Anonymous
October 15, 2004 6:18:09 PM

"Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message
> I'm curious. What's missing from each of those that
> requires you to have both?

SF has no multi-track capability beyond 2 tracks, or video editing.
Vegas has very limited wave editing capability. You can right click a wave
file in Vegas to open it in your wave editor, such as Sound Forge.

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:52:17 PM

"No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
> Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
> This
> occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
> noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
> utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

What is the conversion quality setting on - Best , Good ? Also what are
you converting SF or Vegas (in vegas it is a Render To New Track'
operation.

geoff
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:54:51 PM

"Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message

> No Spam wrote:
>
>> I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
>> Xeon
>> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
>> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> I'm curious. What's missing from each of those that requires you to have
> both?

Vegas is a multi-track recording appp, SF is a stereo file editor.

Vegas does not do direct waveform editing (like 'pencil waveform drawing',
etc), single-sample level editing, and the more comprehensive metering of
SF.

geoff
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:54:52 PM

Geoff Wood wrote:

> Vegas is a multi-track recording appp, SF is a stereo file editor.
>
> Vegas does not do direct waveform editing (like 'pencil waveform drawing',
> etc), single-sample level editing, and the more comprehensive metering of
> SF.

Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what
you have to and can do with single apps from other vendors.
Hrrmph.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 8:57:09 PM

"No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
> Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
> This
> occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
> noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
> utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
> suggestions?
>
> Mark Engleman
>
> P.S. I have submitted this issue to Sony Tech Support as well.

You can also ask here:
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics...

geoff
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:59:31 PM

> Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what
> you have to and can do with single apps from other vendors.
> Hrrmph.

Can you name a single application that does ALL of what Vegas and Sound
Forge do though?
I doubt it.

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 15, 2004 10:59:32 PM

TonyP <TonyP@optus.net.com.au> wrote:
>"Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what
>> you have to and can do with single apps from other vendors.
>> Hrrmph.
>
>Can you name a single application that does ALL of what Vegas and Sound
>Forge do though?
>I doubt it.

It'll all be in the next release of emacs.
--scott
October 15, 2004 10:59:32 PM

TonyP wrote:

> "Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what
> > you have to and can do with single apps from other vendors.
> > Hrrmph.
>
> Can you name a single application that does ALL of what Vegas and Sound
> Forge do though?
> I doubt it.
>
> TonyP.

If you ignore the video side of Vegas then Adobe Audition does just
about everything that those two do.

Possibly Wavelab as well although the multitrack side might be a little
more limited.

Cheers.

James.
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:16:19 AM

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> < ...snip.. >
>
> It'll all be in the next release of emacs.
> --scott

Damn, I'm still using vi...... ;-)

Later...

Ron Capik <<< cynic in training >>>
October 16, 2004 1:16:20 AM

In article <41703E1E.E3A8A202@worldnet.att.net>,
Ron Capik <r.capik@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> < ...snip.. >
>>
>> It'll all be in the next release of emacs.
>> --scott
>> --
>> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
>
>Damn, I'm still using vi...... ;-)

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Me too. So is Scott.

--Chak

>Later...
>

>Ron Capik <<< cynic in training >>>
>--

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:41:18 AM

"Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message

> Geoff Wood wrote:
>

>> Vegas is a multi-track recording appp, SF is a stereo file editor.
>>
>> Vegas does not do direct waveform editing (like 'pencil waveform
>> drawing', etc), single-sample level editing, and the more comprehensive
>> metering of SF.
>
> Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what you have to
> and can do with single apps from other vendors. Hrrmph.

They don't make you buy anything. And to not compromise the nature of
Vegas, they bend over backwards to link waveform editing to any application
of your choice with a simple right-click selection.

No "jack of all trades, master of none" there.

geoff
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:16:35 PM

Dave:

Here's the thing: The artifact is generated regardless of whether or not I
use "save as" in Sound Forge or pass the audio off to a third party
compression program. I also have a workstation running an old version of
Sound Forge 4.5. When I record to SF 4.5, I have no problem with the
conversion using the "save as" function or using the built in batch
converter. However, if I pass the audio recorded in SF 4.5 to SF 7.0, edit
it, and then try to convert it, the artifact is generated regardless of what
program compresses it. (Even SF 4.5 will generate the artifact if the audio
is modified in SF 7.0.)

I haven't tried to render a track to another format in Vegas 5.0. In fact,
rarely would I. I just tried the file conversion since I was having
problems with SF 7.0. Vegas is strictly used for its multi-track
capabilities. File conversions are usually passed off to SF Batch Converter
or another third party program.

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I uploaded
sample files to Sony's tech support so they could look at the files.

Mark

"Geetar Dave" <ebz@one.net> wrote in message
> "No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
Xeon
> > Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> > Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
> >
> > Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
> >
> > Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> > another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
This
> > occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
> > noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
> > utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Mark Engleman
> >
> > P.S. I have submitted this issue to Sony Tech Support as well.
>
> Hi Mark.
> I use both SF7 and Vegas 4. I have seen the conversion leave nasty
> artifacts. I thought it was an error on my part (by the way, "Batch
> Converter," if you have it, is great for doing bulk conversions.)
>
> In Sound Forge: What happens if you just "save as" with different file
> format?
>
> In Vegas: What happens when you render the track with a different
> format?
>
> I rarely convert, but I often save with different formats with no
> noticeable artifacts.
>
> -dave
> www.themoodrings.com
Anonymous
October 16, 2004 1:17:33 PM

Thanks for the input. Yes, I have loaded the latest drivers from DAL site.
I have also updated both SF 7.0 and Vegas 5.0 to latest builds.

I am recording the master file in 44.1 kHz, 16-bit PCM. I attempting to
compress the files into G.711 Mulaw and G.723 ADPCM.

I'll check the buffers as suggested.

I don't think it's the file conversion utility because the artifact is
generated regardless of whether or not I use the "save as" function in SF
7.0 or pass the audio off to a third party utility. In fact, I have an old
version of SF 4.5 on another workstation and it has no problem doing the
encoding provided the audio isn't edited in SF 7.0. In other words, if the
audio is recorded in SF 4.5 and converted, no problem. If the audio is
recorded in 4.5, passed to 7.0, edited, and then converted, the artifact is
generated regardless of how the compression is handled.

Thanks again for your input. I have uploaded sample files to SF tech
support so they can look at them. Any other suggestions you may have would
be greatly appreciated.

Mark

"Anonymous Sender" <anonymous@remailer.metacolo.com> wrote in message
> |I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
> |Xeon Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound
> |Card: Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
> First:
>

> Go here and download the latest drivers
> http://digitalaudio.com/digitalaudio/myarticles.asp?
> S=75&P=5357&PubID=4401&M=135373&page=myarticles.asp
>
> Then stand fast. When all else fails backup your original drivers
> and reload the new updated one. Make sure compatible with XP Pro, SP2!!!
>

> |Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
> What format real audio to wave?
>
> |Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> |another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
> |This occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format.
> |The noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file
> |conversion utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have
> |any suggestions?
>
> Go into Options in SF and check the buffer defaults, etc.
> Try the file again.
>
> 3. It could be the file conversion utility? See if compatible with
> XP Pro, SP2
>
> Most likely the utility is for a previous version.

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 2:55:39 PM

Sure easy: Samplitude http://www.samplitude.com

"TonyP" <TonyP@optus.net.com.au> wrote in message news:<416f91a3$0$20124$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks. So they make you buy two expensive apps to do what
> > you have to and can do with single apps from other vendors.
> > Hrrmph.
>
> Can you name a single application that does ALL of what Vegas and Sound
> Forge do though?
> I doubt it.
>
> TonyP.
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:36:44 PM

"NoSpam" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

However, if I pass the audio recorded in SF 4.5 to SF 7.0, edit
> it, and then try to convert it, the artifact is generated regardless of
> what
> program compresses it.

So are you really saying is that your source file has grunge in, which is
getting pulled up with normalisation or compression ?

Or is it appearing with no processing ? It sounds a bit odd that so many
applications could have the same fault on your system only...

geoff
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:36:45 PM

Yup... my gut says that SF 7.0 is generating something in the source file
that affects some compression algorithmns. Unless it's caused by a setting
that needs to be changed. And it's not just this system that has
experienced this problem. One other poster complained of the same artifact
and one of my recording engineers with SF 6.0 at home gets the same artifact
when he compresses into G.711.

"Geoff Wood" <geoff@paf.co.nz-nospam> wrote in message

> "NoSpam" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> However, if I pass the audio recorded in SF 4.5 to SF 7.0, edit
> > it, and then try to convert it, the artifact is generated regardless of
> > what
> > program compresses it.
>
> So are you really saying is that your source file has grunge in, which is
> getting pulled up with normalisation or compression ?
>
> Or is it appearing with no processing ? It sounds a bit odd that so many
> applications could have the same fault on your system only...
>

> geoff

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:39:45 PM

> Thanks for the input. Yes, I have loaded the latest drivers from DAL
> site.
> I have also updated both SF 7.0 and Vegas 5.0 to latest builds.
>
> I am recording the master file in 44.1 kHz, 16-bit PCM. I attempting to
> compress the files into G.711 Mulaw and G.723 ADPCM.

What is your peak recording level ? If not very high, then you are
effectively losing bits on your already marginal 16, which may be being
exacerabted in the encoding. Maybe after SF4.5 there is normalisation
(optional ?) in the encoding tool ?

geoff
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 1:39:46 PM

Geoff:

I don't use peak normalization as a general rule. The files are normalized
using RMS so they match one another in relative output volume. The RMS
setting is determined by how the end user's card scales the audio for
playback. This level is determined through test files.

In any case, the artifact is generated regardless of processing. And the SF
4.5 has been handling the same type of compression consistently for years.
I can't explain it...

> "NoSpam" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the input. Yes, I have loaded the latest drivers from DAL
> > site.
> > I have also updated both SF 7.0 and Vegas 5.0 to latest builds.
> >
> > I am recording the master file in 44.1 kHz, 16-bit PCM. I attempting to
> > compress the files into G.711 Mulaw and G.723 ADPCM.
>
> What is your peak recording level ? If not very high, then you are
> effectively losing bits on your already marginal 16, which may be being
> exacerabted in the encoding. Maybe after SF4.5 there is normalisation
> (optional ?) in the encoding tool ?
>
> geoff

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:06:36 PM

> Geoff:
>
> I don't use peak normalization as a general rule. The files are
> normalized
> using RMS so they match one another in relative output volume. The RMS
> setting is determined by how the end user's card scales the audio for
> playback. This level is determined through test files.
>
> In any case, the artifact is generated regardless of processing. And the
> SF
> 4.5 has been handling the same type of compression consistently for years.
> I can't explain it...

I'll give it a try tonight and let you know...

geoff
October 18, 2004 2:01:47 PM

> Vegas has very limited wave editing capability.

Limited maybe, but for me what it does do it does better then any
other program out there. I've since never needed Sound Forge or
WaveLab, and I do alot of very intricate edits... Is the problem that
you aren't using a dither plugin?
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 11:44:37 PM

"James Perrett" <James.R.Perrett@soc.soton.ac.uk> wrote in message
> If you ignore the video side of Vegas then Adobe Audition does just
> about everything that those two do.

If you ignore the video part of Adobe Premiere too, then what is it's
purpose?

> Possibly Wavelab as well although the multitrack side might be a little
> more limited.

Personally I think Wavelab is better than Audition, but they're all usable
programs IMO.
I like the way Vegas and Sound Forge work, but there's enough choice for
everyone it seems. We haven't even mentioned programs like Samplitude or
Sequoia.

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 12:01:43 AM

"Joe Pacheco" <bopmachine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Can you name a single application that does ALL of what Vegas and Sound
> > Forge do though?
> > I doubt it.
> Sure easy: Samplitude http://www.samplitude.com

You need the professional producer bundle, which costs more anyway. Then I
could argue not all the video features are the same. I won't because it also
has some features you need another two Sony programs for (CD Architect and
DVD Architect)

TonyP.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:54:20 PM

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:53:49 -0400, "No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
>Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
>Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
>Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
>
>Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
>another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file. This
>occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
>noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
>utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
>suggestions?

What other format?

October 19, 2004 3:54:21 PM

The formats affected include: G.711 Ulaw, G.711 Alaw, IMA ADPCM, Microsoft
ADPCM, GSM 6.10. Generally, the artifact seems to be generated when the
file is compressed into any format with a .wav header.

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:53:49 -0400, "No Spam" <no_spam@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
Xeon
> >Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
> >Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
> >
> >Recording parameters: 44.1kHz, 16-bit, PCM mono .wav files.
> >
> >Problem: If I attempt to convert the file format outlined above into
> >another format, a noise artifact is generated at the tail of the file.
This
> >occurs in either program and regardless of the target file format. The
> >noise artifact is also generated even if I use another file conversion
> >utility. Has anyone run into this problem? Does anyone have any
> >suggestions?
>
> What other format?
>
> CubaseFAQ www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm
> "Possibly the world's least impressive web site": George Perfect
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 4:00:29 PM

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:34:34 -0700, Bob Cain
<arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote:

>> I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz, Xeon
>> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
>> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>
>I'm curious. What's missing from each of those that
>requires you to have both?

Sound Forge has no multi-track facility, and only rudimentary CD
construction and burning functions. Vegas 5 is a full-featured
video editing program that also does multitrack audio. If you want
the video, it's a great program. If you don't it's difficult to
justify the price, which is high.

October 20, 2004 11:59:33 AM

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:34:34 -0700, Bob Cain
> <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote:
>
>>> I just purchased Sound Forge 7.0 and Vegas 5.0. I'm running a 2.8Ghz,
>>> Xeon
>>> Processor with 1GB of RAM. Operating System: XP Pro, SP2. Sound Card:
>>> Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe.
>>
>>I'm curious. What's missing from each of those that
>>requires you to have both?
>
> Sound Forge has no multi-track facility, and only rudimentary CD
> construction and burning functions. Vegas 5 is a full-featured
> video editing program that also does multitrack audio. If you want
> the video, it's a great program. If you don't it's difficult to
> justify the price, which is high.

I use Vegas fully as an audio multitracker, for which I find it excellent.
The workflow is just so intuitive and straightforward, not to mention
powerful. The video stuff is not intrusive and can be considered a bonus.
I have tries pretty much all the majors.

It is no more expensive that other less powerful apps, and if you register
for 'news' on the Sony website you stand a chance of picking up new versions
at a significant discount. Hopefully the next version will include Rewire
(which is the only major thing missing along with MIDI tracks).

geoff
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 12:02:24 PM

> The formats affected include: G.711 Ulaw, G.711 Alaw, IMA ADPCM, Microsoft
> ADPCM, GSM 6.10. Generally, the artifact seems to be generated when the
> file is compressed into any format with a .wav header.

I have tried all the internal conversions, and have not noticed the effect.
Maybe if you are using external encoders, they are picking up SF meta-data
from the the 'user' part of the WAV header that they are expecting from a
different app ?

geoff
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 2:14:45 AM

"Hal Laurent" <laurent@charm.net> wrote in message news:fxedd.8I tracks).

> What is "Rewire"?

Rewire is an interface standard to synch and link two (or more) audio apps
together, incl synch, transport' control, sample rate conversion (of course
that's not necessary with Vegas 'cos you can mix and match different rates
per track).

geoff

Oh yeah, this month EQ mag has teh Vegas 5 (+DVD Arch 2) package as
'Software Star of NAMM 2004' . But it's increasingly difficult to tell what
is editorial and what is adverts in EQ ...
!