EastTH

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi,
My Internet incoming line to the house (Cable or DSL) is always getting knocked down (wind, trees); and so I'm intermittently using a wireless card to access it there (via ATT Uverse). I then use ICS to share it out to the house devices.

I tried setting the Nics with 2 IPs, but problem is that the router DHCP trumps ICS DHCP, where the client computers always get the LAN IP instead of the ICS.

1. Can't disable router DHCP due to the many wireless devices.
2. If I apply static ICS IPs, I lose my router wifi devices (printer).
3. When I put two IPs on the Nics, the router IP trumps; and I don't know how to make it grab ICS ISP IP first.

Can I change the ICS IP sub range to that of the router and use it like that?

Is there any way to specify that the double IP Nics always look to the ICS WIFI (ISP) NIC first (router trumps)?

Any suggestions (keep dhcp router and ics, or use static IP and everything still work)? Confused :(

Thanks in Advance,
EastTH

EastTH

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Looks like my best bet would be the free ICS alternative called Analogx Proxy Server:
"AnalogX Proxy is a small and simple server that allows any other machine on your local network to route its requests through a central machine. So what does that mean in English? Simple, run Proxy on the machine with the internet connection, configure the other machines to use a proxy (it's very easy, there's a detailed description in the readme), and voila!" http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Network/proxy/Freeware.htm