Sign in with
Your question

Wireless connection trouble

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 27, 2012 7:09:01 PM

Hey guys, i have a desktop computer connected to my router with a Ethernet cable, and i now have a wireless printer connected wireless to the same router. the problem is, my wired desktop computer seems unable to find the wireless printer (HP photosmart 6510). how can i fix this? do i need to make my router an access point? because everytime i do make it an access point, the hardwired computer loses internet. PLEASE help
September 27, 2012 10:21:01 PM

You need to make sure you set up the HP software included with the printer and that your network settings match up (ie, in the same Workgroup/subnet, etc). I'm *guessing* your computer and the printer aren't in the same workgroup or something trivial like that. Just go back through the setup instructions slowly and make sure you didn't miss some silly little step along the way. And make sure you go to HPs site and get the latest setup software for your printer, not the disc that came with it unless it's the same version as online (my Epson was a bear to hook up the first time cause the software was horrid)
m
l
!