Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ITE 8212F RAID CARD DRIVER COULD NOT COLD BOOT UNDER WIN7X64

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
May 13, 2012 6:10:02 AM

Hello,
I have ITE8212F IDE RAID ONTROL , NOW, I JUST TAKE IT AS MY NON-RAOD IDE CARD , Few days ago, I used it as my win7X64 BOOTABLE Card. when I done all the win7x64 installation with my IDE disk I found the IDE disk could not BOOT under win7x64. After I traced all the procedures, I found disk no boot-up problems are coming from this ITE 8212F Raid card driver..., so does anybody have the new driver and also warm-boot under win7x64 ?
May 19, 2012 4:45:26 AM

This is an integrated chipset in your Asus motherboard or is it an addon card ?
m
0
l
May 26, 2012 3:10:04 PM

Cyberat_88 said:
This is an integrated chipset in your Asus motherboard or is it an addon card ?



Dear Cyberat_88,
Good days,
Thanks a lot for your reply, well, My ITE8212 raid card is add-on card , not integrated chipset on anybrand of motherboard. I remembered when I bought the the raid card from the auction site the seller told me it supported dvd-rom worked with hard disk in the same tunnel or different tunnel, it means that I can place a hard disk or two hard disks in the same tunnel and the reset of the tunnel can place another dvd-rom. I was wrong. i found that it only can support hard disk(s) within their one or two channels without any cvd-rom , it did not support any dvd-rom worked with hard disk(s).
And now, I just only took it as my boot up disk with Win7x64 but I found it could not boot up by this card when I tried to using the WinXP 32bit driver as Win7x64bit drive ? I felt the add-on card bios not support the win7x64 boot up function and it not support the win7x64 bit driver, I guessed.

so... could me help me to FIX this problem and where to get the newly BIOS and the win7x64 driver ?

by the way, it could support WinXP 32bit boot-up function.

thanks you very much for your kindly concern

yennwen
m
0
l
May 31, 2012 1:31:07 AM

Do you have a function in BIOS to switch boot sequence to SCSI or SATA first ? If you do switch it. The greatest speed benefit from a raid card is for HDDs and only HDDs can be setup as RAID. Since you call it IDE I guess it's to setup IDE drives as RAID ? Weird, still it might be a 32bit device. Check with manufacturer as to compatibility with x64 machine. Windows 7 x64 might need an x64 driver disc for that card ON installation under "other" drivers.
m
0
l
May 31, 2012 2:46:30 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
Do you have a function in BIOS to switch boot sequence to SCSI or SATA first ? If you do switch it. The greatest speed benefit from a raid card is for HDDs and only HDDs can be setup as RAID. Since you call it IDE I guess it's to setup IDE drives as RAID ? Weird, still it might be a 32bit device. Check with manufacturer as to compatibility with x64 machine. Windows 7 x64 might need an x64 driver disc for that card ON installation under "other" drivers.


Hi! Cyberat_88,
good days,
Thanks for your kindly reply,
due to the bios boot up sequence I sure that the card setting has no problem. you know why? the winxp 32bit can be boot up by the same card, the same setting.. just only the OS. system differences. I knew this add-on card function supported raid job but I just took it as my Normal IDE with one hard disk installed under channel 0 ( the card has 0 and,1 ,two channels) .... so the environment was simple.

I also knew that the win7x64 should be worked with x64 driver but I did not have x64 driver , so i was using directly xp 32bit driver instead, it can be driven but it could not boot when I done the win7x64 installation job. I also contacted with the original ITE company by three weeks ago, they replied me the card has been out for a long time, they did not support win7x32x64. that's all i know.

so... kindly, do you or anybody have this driver ?

tks a lot for your care
m
0
l
June 11, 2012 9:12:35 PM

No, sadly Microsoft manufactures OS so as to be incompatible with older hardware thus forcing you to buy new. I would not advise running windows 7 32bit on a 32bit machine anyways, stick with WinXP. Nothing but LESS options for controlling your PC in Windows 7 and the stolen face of MAC.
m
0
l
June 12, 2012 1:16:47 AM

Cyberat_88 said:
No, sadly Microsoft manufactures OS so as to be incompatible with older hardware thus forcing you to buy new. I would not advise running windows 7 32bit on a 32bit machine anyways, stick with WinXP. Nothing but LESS options for controlling your PC in Windows 7 and the stolen face of MAC.


ok. I will buy a new one. Anyway I still need to say thank you for your care.

m
0
l
!