Its finally here

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 20, 2004 4:20:13 PM

The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.

Happy holidays everyone.

More about : finally

November 20, 2004 7:02:02 PM

Well, if you get one please write a review here.

"Amir" <amirbutt185@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
> guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
>
> Happy holidays everyone.
November 20, 2004 7:20:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

"Amir" <amirbutt185@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
> guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
>
> Happy holidays everyone.

Just looked there. Expensive--$299 with new service (no rebates at all), a
full $100 more than the v600, than the Nokia 6600, etc. The price will
probably go down with time.

Anyone who gets one--please write a review.

I looked at the Razr at an ATT Wireless store a couple days ago. (I was
surprised the store was still called that, as I had heard they would be
changed to Cingular stores.) They didn't actually have any stock, but had a
prototype, that I played with a bit. Sure looks cool, and so thin and light!
(Doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard like the A630 though!)

Both of these phones look cool and have some nice features, but I have no
idea how well they work. Anyone who gets either one, please review it.

Surprised that neither of these two new expensive phones is a smartphone!
Related resources
November 21, 2004 5:55:32 PM

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<1100996431.7867@news-1.nethere.net>...
> "Amir" <amirbutt185@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
> > guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
> >
> > Happy holidays everyone.
>
> Just looked there. Expensive--$299 with new service (no rebates at all), a
> full $100 more than the v600, than the Nokia 6600, etc. The price will
> probably go down with time.
>
> Anyone who gets one--please write a review.
>
> I looked at the Razr at an ATT Wireless store a couple days ago. (I was
> surprised the store was still called that, as I had heard they would be
> changed to Cingular stores.) They didn't actually have any stock, but had a
> prototype, that I played with a bit. Sure looks cool, and so thin and light!
> (Doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard like the A630 though!)
>
> Both of these phones look cool and have some nice features, but I have no
> idea how well they work. Anyone who gets either one, please review it.
>
> Surprised that neither of these two new expensive phones is a smartphone!

Compusa has it on sale for $199.99 after a $100 mail in rebate with
new activations only :)  This sale offer is valid till 11/24/04!
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 1:59:19 AM

Tmobile employee said that they plan to offer a package w/ the blue
tooth headset and that will include a $100 mail in rebate. No real
phones yet in the store I called. Said they expect them in a couple days.

Amir wrote:
> The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
> guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
>
> Happy holidays everyone.
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 5:08:09 AM

The t-mobile store near me (Houston) had one working a630 which was one
of the employees'. I made a call to my brother and the audio was pretty
good. Little bit of an echo related to hearing my own voice, but the
earpiece wasn't very sensitive to position which is good. Menu
structure was pretty good and I was able to take one picture and e-mail
it without trouble. Zoom is done w/ the external volume up/down rocker
button and the shutter on the other external button. Qwerty has a
slightly different layout than I'm used to, but worked well. Currently
only AOL IM, but that's probably a marketing thing w/ AOL and MSN will
hopefully follow after a bit w/ a software download. External LCD is a
dark blue color. Internal screen is color and seemed to be good
quality. External keypad worked well the one time I tried it. Didn't
have a bluetooth headset to play with. Supposed to get phones that they
can sell either tomorrow or perhaps Wednesday.

Mark

Mark Zivley wrote:

> Tmobile employee said that they plan to offer a package w/ the blue
> tooth headset and that will include a $100 mail in rebate. No real
> phones yet in the store I called. Said they expect them in a couple days.
>
> Amir wrote:
>
>> The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
>> guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
>>
>> Happy holidays everyone.

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 5:09:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

Anyone looking for some RAZOR reviews it has been well converesed at HoFo.
Go to www.howardforums.com As one of the people here said "Its close to a
High School Cafeteria (re: the members and bickering) but the info still
finds its way there first

" MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Amir" <amirbutt185@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The A630 is now officially available at the T-Mobile website :)  I
> > guess Cingular got RAZR for the holidays and Tmobile the A630.
> >
> > Happy holidays everyone.
>
> Just looked there. Expensive--$299 with new service (no rebates at all), a
> full $100 more than the v600, than the Nokia 6600, etc. The price will
> probably go down with time.
>
> Anyone who gets one--please write a review.
>
> I looked at the Razr at an ATT Wireless store a couple days ago. (I was
> surprised the store was still called that, as I had heard they would be
> changed to Cingular stores.) They didn't actually have any stock, but had
> prototype, that I played with a bit. Sure looks cool, and so thin and
light!
> (Doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard like the A630 though!)
>
> Both of these phones look cool and have some nice features, but I have no
> idea how well they work. Anyone who gets either one, please review it.
>
> Surprised that neither of these two new expensive phones is a smartphone!

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 12:01:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <u6OdnTLm0YcoSzvcRVn-3g@comcast.com> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:09:36 -0500,
"PDA Man" <pdamant@pada.net> wrote:

>Anyone looking for some RAZOR reviews it has been well converesed at HoFo.
>Go to www.howardforums.com As one of the people here said "Its close to a
>High School Cafeteria (re: the members and bickering) but the info still
>finds its way there first

No thanks -- I find the Signal-to-Noise ratio to be too low.

November 26, 2004 5:58:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.telephones (More info?)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:01:43 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <u6OdnTLm0YcoSzvcRVn-3g@comcast.com> on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:09:36 -0500,
>"PDA Man" <pdamant@pada.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone looking for some RAZOR reviews it has been well converesed at HoFo.
>>Go to www.howardforums.com As one of the people here said "Its close to a
>>High School Cafeteria (re: the members and bickering) but the info still
>>finds its way there first
>
>No thanks -- I find the Signal-to-Noise ratio to be too low.

I'm probably the one PDA Man is quoting, but it's true. I will visit
HoFo for about a week or two, then the Kool Kids with their Kool Sig
Filez start to get on my nerves and I won't visit for a couple of
months.

Mike
!