HELP windows 7 freezing at first install screen!

associated

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
hi everyone, i just started up my system for the first time.
i have booted off of my asus optical drive into the windows 7 pro into the install page. at the first stage where it says select language/timezone etc the screen has frozen and i now cant use my mouse or keyboard at all. the optical drive activity light also does not flash at this point. this is my first install i have done myself so i am struggling on a solution to this. i have also restarted and the same issue occurs. what would you guys recommend?

mobo - rampage iv extreme (bios is the latest as the only issue seems to be widows 7 install)

thanks, much appreciated !

Solution
thanks for your reply, i managed to solve the problem here was the solution;

ok well i happened to come across a poster who had the same issue as i was experiencing. the reason why no mouse or keyboard was detected was because they were plugged into the motherboard usb's...thus was giving the impression that the screen had frozen as they werent visible, however they both worked during the bios setup phase...thus this other poster's solution was to plug the mouse into the front usb panel on the case, this somehow made the mouse and keyboard now visible on the screen and completely active during the windows install page....i thought i might as well give it a shot, and wow, it worked for me. gosh i feel embarrassed as such a simple...

associated

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
thanks for your reply, i managed to solve the problem here was the solution;

ok well i happened to come across a poster who had the same issue as i was experiencing. the reason why no mouse or keyboard was detected was because they were plugged into the motherboard usb's...thus was giving the impression that the screen had frozen as they werent visible, however they both worked during the bios setup phase...thus this other poster's solution was to plug the mouse into the front usb panel on the case, this somehow made the mouse and keyboard now visible on the screen and completely active during the windows install page....i thought i might as well give it a shot, and wow, it worked for me. gosh i feel embarrassed as such a simple solution was giving me a slight headache. just goes to show that all problems arent as they seem! :lol:
thankyou for you suggestions dodger46, as always i appreciate you help :)

Solution

peacemaker88

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
AWESOME!!

Had same issue and it was Driving me around 'the bend' after only 30 minutes!! Plugged the stupid USB KB and Mouse into the FP USB connectors and 'Voila'! Super Glad I found this page and the resolution. Thank-You VERY MUCH!

Vala

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Thanxxxxxxx

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007

What the funk. Same thing happened to me. I've been building computers for like 20 years and this is the first time I was stumped. I tried 2 DVDs, 2 USB bootables and they all did the same. All my USB ports in the back are 3.0 slots (Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H MB). My front case ones are also USB 3.0, but they are of course, not the exact same ones on the motherboard. What the funk, seriously. Thanks bruh.