Pacific Fighters & LCD monitor

Since moving from a 17" CRT monitor ( 1024 x 768 ) to a 17" LCD monitor (
1280 x 1024 ) I have had to increase the Landscape Details settings in PF
from Excellent to Perfect in order to avoid corruption of the appearance of
the water. The Perfect setting causes a frame-rate hit.

Can anyone advise on the video settings that should be used to get
acceptable appearance of the water without having to use the Landscape
Details = Perfect setting ?

Thanks

Peter

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:54:34 +1000, "Peter Jenkins"
<pjenk@optushome.com.au> wrote:

>Since moving from a 17" CRT monitor ( 1024 x 768 ) to a 17" LCD monitor (
>1280 x 1024 ) I have had to increase the Landscape Details settings in PF
>from Excellent to Perfect in order to avoid corruption of the appearance of
>the water. The Perfect setting causes a frame-rate hit.
>
>Can anyone advise on the video settings that should be used to get
>acceptable appearance of the water without having to use the Landscape
>Details = Perfect setting ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Peter

Are you using OpenGL renderer? Open "conf.ini" in your PF folder and
scroll down to {Render_OpenGL] section. Scroll down to water= section
and make sure it is set to 1. That is the best performance you can get
using the perfect settings. Or you can set water=3 and turn off the
perfect setting and see how that goes.