Jesus doesn't want me to upgrade!!

jayeff

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
The manual for my K7T Turbo (MS-6330) ATX Mainboard tells me, with a nice big warning sign:

There are three kinds of DIMM specification supported by this mainboard: PC133 and PC100 If you use 100Mhz CPU Bus Frequency, PC100 and PC133 DIMM Specs. is supported. If you use 133MHz CPU Bus Frequency, only PC133 DIMM Specs. will be supported.

Is that three is it? I make it two. It would have been helpful if they had given that to someone who didn't know what the f**k they were talking about to read through to point out it reads like total gibberish.

Besides which I have no idea what MHz my CPU Bus frequency is or how to find that out.

So I'm stiffed.

Jesus hates me.

Jay

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get PC133 and you won't need to worry about what your stock bus speed is.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
I don't even know if you can still get pc-100. There's no price difference between pc-100 and pc-133, so get the pc-133.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

jayeff

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
HammerBot makes it three, but then Hammerbot understands what the writer of my manual meant to say!!

On the basis of the responses, (thanks) as long as I go for PC133 I'm safe either way.

Got the guy who does this for a living to pop round with a 512MB stick of PC133 and load up my board. Seemed ok till I ran a game then it went nuts. Crash and burn!! Spent 3 hours dicking around with bios settings and Nvidia driver settings before it was concluded that the stick must be screwed. Till I buy a new stick I'm back to a piddling 128. :(

Jay

Octivus

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
...and then God disappeared in a puff of logic. :p

<i><font color=blue>If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets.</font color=blue></i>

jayeff

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
Satan right, new stick of PC133 work fine, hail Satan.

Ooh look, Tom's got a new picture. Has he had a head transplant?

Jay

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Thats right, let out your anger and hate, embrace the dark side!

<b>Cogposto tomsa, ergo sum - <i>Descartes</i>
</b>Translation:<b> I post at Toms Hardware, Therefor I am. :smile: </b>