Best throttle to couple with an MSFF2

Anyone have preferences as far as a secondary throttle unit to use with
the USB Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick? I realize it has a
build in throttle, but I also own the Saitek X45 (which wouldn't be bad,
but it's so damned light that it scoots around my desk, and I don't feel
like "mounting" it for the occasional flight sim that I play), and have
read about the issues concerning the X52 kit.

I'd really just like to get a decent throttle that can be used in
conjunction with the sidewinder... which really is a great stick as far as
ergonomics go (and it's a behemoth... no sliding/scooting around the desk
when I use it).

Thanks for any opinions.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:23:51 GMT, jch <johnh@127.0.0.1> wrote:
I realize it has a
> but I also own the Saitek X45 (which wouldn't be bad,
>but it's so damned light that it scoots around my desk, and I don't feel
>like "mounting" it for the occasional flight sim that I play), and have
>read about the issues concerning the X52 kit.

Does this mean you're looking to sell your X45?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanx for the pics. Please email me at chadburn13ATgmailDOTcom

(Spam trap: Replace the capital letters with the proper symbols to
reply)

Cheers

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:41:34 GMT, jch <johnh@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:21:22 -0500, Dave wrote:
>
>> Does this mean you're looking to sell your X45?
>
>Sure.
>
>http://spill.erf.net/pics/x45.jpg

Go get the CH Pro throttle. It works great with my beloved USB MSFFB2.

I also have the X45, but it's too light, and I don't care for its extra
joystick even as a button tray. I put the X45 back into its box after some 2
hours use in total.

The CH Pro throttle feels great, is sturdy & doesn't skid around, and is
easy to set up together with the MSFFB2. It frees up the FFB2 throttle to be
used as elevator trim for example.
Compared to the X45 it looks/feels much sturdier, less toy-like, and I'm
sure it will last for many years to come.

Now its only a matter of finding a customer for my almost virgin X45.

Cheers

Uffe