Bluetooth Modem Fax

Last response: in Brands
November 21, 2004 11:40:00 PM

Has anyone had luck with faxing using the Bluetooth dial up modem in the
V600? I have tried three different fax software solutions and none work. I
am trying to send a fax from my HP hx4700 pocket pc via Bluetooth dial up
modem in v600. My carrier is T-Mobile.I can use my gprs connection to
connect to the internet but no fax capability yet. If you know of a good fax
solution for my set up please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : bluetooth modem fax

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 8:52:57 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <A27od.31601$bP2.6453@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004
20:40:00 GMT, "Jray" <jarvisr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Has anyone had luck with faxing using the Bluetooth dial up modem in the
>V600? I have tried three different fax software solutions and none work. I
>am trying to send a fax from my HP hx4700 pocket pc via Bluetooth dial up
>modem in v600. My carrier is T-Mobile.I can use my gprs connection to
>connect to the internet but no fax capability yet. If you know of a good fax
>solution for my set up please let me know.

Circuit-switched fax is only available if supported by the carrier.

A GSM phone has no real dialup modem, just a sort of virtual modem which
makes a connection to a carrier's IWU (Inter Working Unit), located in some
service center. The IWU has the actual modem that can make analog data calls
and/or fax calls over the PSTN (public switched telephone network). If the
carrier doesn't provide an IWU, or if your account isn't provisioned for CSD,
then a GSM phone cannot data and/or fax calls.

With GPRS, you can easily send a fax over the Internet with a service like
Fax1.com

November 22, 2004 11:47:03 PM

Mr. Navas

Thanks for your help I called my carrier (T-MOBILE) and they provisioned me
a CSD line. Thank You for your help. I have not yet tried to fax

!