Bluetooth Modem Fax

Has anyone had luck with faxing using the Bluetooth dial up modem in the
V600? I have tried three different fax software solutions and none work. I
am trying to send a fax from my HP hx4700 pocket pc via Bluetooth dial up
modem in v600. My carrier is T-Mobile.I can use my gprs connection to
connect to the internet but no fax capability yet. If you know of a good fax
solution for my set up please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth modem

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <A27od.31601$bP2.6453@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004
    20:40:00 GMT, "Jray" <jarvisr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Has anyone had luck with faxing using the Bluetooth dial up modem in the
    >V600? I have tried three different fax software solutions and none work. I
    >am trying to send a fax from my HP hx4700 pocket pc via Bluetooth dial up
    >modem in v600. My carrier is T-Mobile.I can use my gprs connection to
    >connect to the internet but no fax capability yet. If you know of a good fax
    >solution for my set up please let me know.

    Circuit-switched fax is only available if supported by the carrier.

    A GSM phone has no real dialup modem, just a sort of virtual modem which
    makes a connection to a carrier's IWU (Inter Working Unit), located in some
    service center. The IWU has the actual modem that can make analog data calls
    and/or fax calls over the PSTN (public switched telephone network). If the
    carrier doesn't provide an IWU, or if your account isn't provisioned for CSD,
    then a GSM phone cannot data and/or fax calls.

    With GPRS, you can easily send a fax over the Internet with a service like
    Fax1.com

    Mr. Navas

    Thanks for your help I called my carrier (T-MOBILE) and they provisioned me
    a CSD line. Thank You for your help. I have not yet tried to fax

    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <A27od.31601$bP2.6453@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com> on Sun, 21 Nov 2004
    > 20:40:00 GMT, "Jray" <jarvisr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Has anyone had luck with faxing using the Bluetooth dial up modem in the
    > >V600? I have tried three different fax software solutions and none work.
    > >am trying to send a fax from my HP hx4700 pocket pc via Bluetooth dial up
    > >modem in v600. My carrier is T-Mobile.I can use my gprs connection to
    > >connect to the internet but no fax capability yet. If you know of a good
    fax
    > >solution for my set up please let me know.
    >
    > Circuit-switched fax is only available if supported by the carrier.
    >
    > A GSM phone has no real dialup modem, just a sort of virtual modem which
    > makes a connection to a carrier's IWU (Inter Working Unit), located in
    some
    > service center. The IWU has the actual modem that can make analog data
    calls
    > and/or fax calls over the PSTN (public switched telephone network). If
    the
    > carrier doesn't provide an IWU, or if your account isn't provisioned for
    CSD,
    > then a GSM phone cannot data and/or fax calls.
    >
    > With GPRS, you can easily send a fax over the Internet with a service like
    > Fax1.com

    > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

Motorola Fax Modem Bluetooth