Help on FS2002

I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS starts
the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the plane.
I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly appreciated
4 answers Last reply
More about help fs2002
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    The scene then toggles between the two views... yes
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    <rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS starts
    > the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the plane.
    > I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
    > Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly appreciated

    This is normal, (called SPOT view ?) just switch back to cockpit view.

    You video card will work Ok... I have/had the almost exact same
    setup as you, and the biggest improvement you can make right now
    is to upgrade to 1 gig of ram. FS 2002 will love it and run smoother !

    Even now running a P IV @ 3.85 Ghz (OC'd) and an FX 5900 Ultra,
    1 gig Corsair ram (2,5 3 3 5) I have to keep the video set a little under
    max, but it runs OK. Other air traffic and weather + ATC also slows the
    box down a little bit. (6800 GT will be comming soon :)

    Just switch back to in cockpit view, and fly normally. I fly FS 9
    now, up from FS 2000 which was a real dog !!

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Thanks for the assist but the problem is that the scenes from cockpit
    view to a veiw (now being the back of the 182) toggles and defies all
    attepts to stop. Do you know of a web site or a CD that would have many
    of the FS2002 fixes???

    Fly Safe

    Smokey
    AM wrote:
    > <rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS
    starts
    > > the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the
    plane.
    > > I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
    > > Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly
    appreciated

    > This is normal, (called SPOT view ?) just switch back to cockpit
    view.

    > You video card will work Ok... I have/had the almost exact same
    > setup as you, and the biggest improvement you can make right now
    > is to upgrade to 1 gig of ram. FS 2002 will love it and run smoother
    !

    > Even now running a P IV @ 3.85 Ghz (OC'd) and an FX 5900 Ultra,
    > 1 gig Corsair ram (2,5 3 3 5) I have to keep the video set a little
    under
    > max, but it runs OK. Other air traffic and weather + ATC also slows
    the
    > box down a little bit. (6800 GT will be comming soon :)
    >
    > Just switch back to in cockpit view, and fly normally. I fly FS 9
    > now, up from FS 2000 which was a real dog !!

    > --
    > Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Smokey" <rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Do you know of a web site or a CD that would have many
    > of the FS2002 fixes???
    >
    > Fly Safe
    >
    > Smokey
    > AM wrote:

    Avsim is my first thought

    http://www.avsim.com/

    You can get on the forums and ask there, very nice
    people there, and lot's of stuff to download :)

    --
    Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

PC gaming Video Games