Help on FS2002

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 6:32:53 AM

I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS starts
the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the plane.
I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly appreciated

More about : fs2002

February 22, 2005 6:35:44 AM

The scene then toggles between the two views... yes
February 22, 2005 12:22:44 PM

<rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS starts
> the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the plane.
> I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
> Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly appreciated

This is normal, (called SPOT view ?) just switch back to cockpit view.

You video card will work Ok... I have/had the almost exact same
setup as you, and the biggest improvement you can make right now
is to upgrade to 1 gig of ram. FS 2002 will love it and run smoother !

Even now running a P IV @ 3.85 Ghz (OC'd) and an FX 5900 Ultra,
1 gig Corsair ram (2,5 3 3 5) I have to keep the video set a little under
max, but it runs OK. Other air traffic and weather + ATC also slows the
box down a little bit. (6800 GT will be comming soon :)

Just switch back to in cockpit view, and fly normally. I fly FS 9
now, up from FS 2000 which was a real dog !!

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
Related resources

Thanks for the assist but the problem is that the scenes from cockpit
view to a veiw (now being the back of the 182) toggles and defies all
attepts to stop. Do you know of a web site or a CD that would have many
of the FS2002 fixes???

Fly Safe

Smokey
AM wrote:
> <rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have just installed FS2002 and have a video problem. When FS
starts
> > the scene swaps from the cockpit to the view to the right of the
plane.
> > I have a NIVIDA GeForce FX5200 video card and am running on a Intel
> > Pentium 3 with 512 Mb of RAM. Any assists would be greatly
appreciated

> This is normal, (called SPOT view ?) just switch back to cockpit
view.

> You video card will work Ok... I have/had the almost exact same
> setup as you, and the biggest improvement you can make right now
> is to upgrade to 1 gig of ram. FS 2002 will love it and run smoother
!

> Even now running a P IV @ 3.85 Ghz (OC'd) and an FX 5900 Ultra,
> 1 gig Corsair ram (2,5 3 3 5) I have to keep the video set a little
under
> max, but it runs OK. Other air traffic and weather + ATC also slows
the
> box down a little bit. (6800 GT will be comming soon :)
>
> Just switch back to in cockpit view, and fly normally. I fly FS 9
> now, up from FS 2000 which was a real dog !!

> --
> Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will
February 23, 2005 7:52:22 AM

"Smokey" <rallen42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Do you know of a web site or a CD that would have many
> of the FS2002 fixes???
>
> Fly Safe
>
> Smokey
> AM wrote:

Avsim is my first thought

http://www.avsim.com/

You can get on the forums and ask there, very nice
people there, and lot's of stuff to download :)