Sign in with
Your question

Sound Card problem???

Last response: in Components
October 21, 2002 12:37:43 PM

I have sound blaster audigy with the creative 5.1 speaker set. It has worked great for 6 months now. Until last night, i was playing Unreal 2003 when out of no where major static comes through my speakers, so i shut the game down, it goes back to my windows screen and then the whole computer crashes, HARD! I get this blue screen with all this text that says something like "You have encounterd a major problem, you will not be able to access your windows incase of computer damage. Please try and restart, if this screen comes up again push f-8 and try a safe mode boot" the message was a little longer but that was basically it. Everytime i tried a safe mode boot i got the same screen. I had to start through my bios and go through my cd first using my windows xp disk and completely reformat my computer, no problem i dont keep anything but games on my computer. But i reformatted 3 times and everytime i install the sound blaster audigy and the computer restarts it crashes and goes back to that same texed blue screen. WHAT HAPPEN?? The sound card worked fine for 6 months, now this, did it just die on me?
AMD1900
1.5 ddr ram
40 hard drive
radeon 8500
crative 52x cd
asus mother board

More about : sound card problem

October 21, 2002 12:51:50 PM

Quote:
The sound card worked fine for 6 months, now this, did it just die on me?

Very strange, but it sounds like your Audigy's fried somehow. Or maybe that PCI slot went bad. Have you tried a different slot?

Ritesh
October 21, 2002 1:04:47 PM

Im guessing it fried as well, thanks. I will try a different slot, but if its still a problem and i buy a new sound card, from reading through alot of these posts alot of people are saying the turtle beach is the way to go, any suggestions??
October 21, 2002 10:40:24 PM

Turtle Beach Santa Cruize. I've heard of crashing and corrupted files with Creative's cards, but this is the first time I've hear of hardware damage!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!