Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I've been using a MN-500 wireless router, it has been
running with no problems at all for a few months. Now the
internet doesn't work, the router's power light is
constantly orange, and the base station management tool is
not accessible. I tried reseting the base station and
unplugging it, but the power light is still orange. Does
anyone know what this means????

Unplug it for 5 minutes, then plug it back. If the power
light is still orange, press the reset hole on the back,
and wait for the reset.

If this does not work, the power adapter may be broken or
the MN500 is defective. If it is still under warranty
call MS.

If only adapter is defective, it should be easy to get a
replacment unit from electronic stores.

First line of troubleshooting is to reset the modem, not the base station.
Have you done that? Once in a while - every few months, it seems - I
suddenly won't have Internet. I finally tracked it down to the times when
Verizon (my DSL provider, but not my ISP) does a firmware update on their
system somewhere.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Jason" <wang744@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been using a MN-500 wireless router, it has been
> running with no problems at all for a few months. Now the
> internet doesn't work, the router's power light is
> constantly orange, and the base station management tool is
> not accessible. I tried reseting the base station and
> unplugging it, but the power light is still orange. Does
> anyone know what this means????

TRENDING THREADS