Pacifi Fighters - Will this Install/Play on XPS?

I would love to purchase this game but have read conflicting
reviews...I have a Dell XPS notebook with a CD-RW/DVD combo drive and a
256MB DDR ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9800 card.
Will this game install?
Will it run with my graphics card?
Because of no return software policies I just can't take a chance...any
help?
Thanks,
CT

My main concern is the issue of PF not installing on some systems that
have a CD-RW drive...it even states this as a possible conflict at
their website. If I can't get it installed...or return it...then it's a
moot point.

I'd definitely be interested in any recoomendations for a good
Pacific-theater WW2 sim.

Thanks!

> I'm sure it will install, but hwo well it will run depends on what
kind of
> CPU you have, and how much system RAM you've got. What are you going
to use
> to control it, a joystick?
>
> Also, be aware that Pacific Fighters - while billed as a standalone
game -
> really is just a glorified add-on to IL2-Forgotten Battles / Aces
Expansion

==========

I'm sure it will install, but hwo well it will run depends on what kind of
CPU you have, and how much system RAM you've got. What are you going to use
to control it, a joystick?

Also, be aware that Pacific Fighters - while billed as a standalone game -
really is just a glorified add-on to IL2-Forgotten Battles / Aces Expansion
Pack. If you don't already have those games, and you're just looking for a
Pacific-theater WW2 combat sim, there might be better choices.

Tell us more about what you're interested in.

James

cts125@yahoo.com wrote:

> I would love to purchase this game but have read conflicting
> reviews...I have a Dell XPS notebook with a CD-RW/DVD combo drive and a
> 256MB DDR ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9800 card.
> Will this game install?
> Will it run with my graphics card?
> Because of no return software policies I just can't take a chance...any
> help?
> Thanks,
> CT

If Im not mistaken even if your retailer wont refund you can still ask the
publisher/Developer for a refund and most (used to anyway) offer a 30 money
back gaurantee. You will have to wait for a check to go through endless
corporate red tape but eventually you should get your money.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

> My main concern is the issue of PF not installing on some systems that
> have a CD-RW drive...it even states this as a possible conflict at
> their website. If I can't get it installed...or return it...then it's a
> moot point.
>
> I'd definitely be interested in any recoomendations for a good
> Pacific-theater WW2 sim.
>
> Thanks!

Hmm. The only game I ever bought that wouldn't install was RedBaron IIID -
the reissue by SoldOut. Had to basically rip the CD image to rar, then
unpack it onto my local HDD to get the install to run. PITA.

Not sure what to tell you about this other than to try it - but if the entry
price is too high, just get a copy of Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2
(based in the Pacific) and have at it. There are a *ton* of user mods for
that title at NetWings.org.

am

<cts125@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would love to purchase this game but have read conflicting
> reviews...I have a Dell XPS notebook with a CD-RW/DVD combo drive and a
> 256MB DDR ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9800 card.

You really need 784mb of ram for it to run really smoothly.

> Will this game install?

Yes, I've installed it froms everal CD Burners on 3 systems.

> Will it run with my graphics card?

No problem, what really matters is your processor, and
the ram, or lack therof......

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

In article <1109194137.230769.72050@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
cts125@yahoo.com says...
> My main concern is the issue of PF not installing on some systems that
> have a CD-RW drive...it even states this as a possible conflict at
> their website. If I can't get it installed...or return it...then it's a
> moot point.

It loaded fine on my XP machine. Both of my CD drives are RW.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> wrote in message

> <cts125@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I would love to purchase this game but have read conflicting
> > reviews...I have a Dell XPS notebook with a CD-RW/DVD combo drive and a
> > 256MB DDR ATI® MobilityTM RADEONTM 9800 card.
>
> You really need 784mb of ram for it to run really smoothly.
>
> > Will this game install?
>
> Yes, I've installed it froms everal CD Burners on 3 systems.
>
> > Will it run with my graphics card?
>
> No problem, what really matters is your processor, and
> the ram, or lack therof......

I think the 256MB RAM is on his video card, AM.....no idea what kind of
processor he has or how much system RAM.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:25:45 -0500, Mike G <mikeg@heirloom-woods.net>
wrote:

>It loaded fine on my XP machine. Both of my CD drives are RW.

Why would you want two CDRW drives? It's best to have one standard
CDROM alonf with a CDRW drive because it's a known fact that some
games do have problems with certain brands of CDRW drives.

am

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> I think the 256MB RAM is on his video card, AM.....no idea what kind of
> processor he has or how much system RAM.

I really should look and read before I leap :)

I just still cant get over how much difference going to 1 gig
of ram made in playing IL 2 and it's offspring...........

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

In article <86os11pvlnovvilg6u8ta8746682elgtla@4ax.com>,
three@here.invalid says...

> Why would you want two CDRW drives? It's best to have one standard
> CDROM alonf with a CDRW drive because it's a known fact that some
> games do have problems with certain brands of CDRW drives.

That's simple enough, Because I wanted two CDRW's.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:09:27 -0500, Mike G <mikeg@heirloom-woods.net>
wrote:

>That's simple enough, Because I wanted two CDRW's.

Sort of like some people want two left shoes.

In article <eabv119f9ponf2knp9prdpcr4vtbl6iqt4@4ax.com>,
three@here.invalid says...
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:09:27 -0500, Mike G <mikeg@heirloom-woods.net>
> wrote:
>

> >That's simple enough, Because I wanted two CDRW's.
> >

> Sort of like some people want two left shoes.

What ever makes your little mind warm and fuzzy Bubba.
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:04:40 -0500, Mike G <mikeg@heirloom-woods.net>
wrote:

>> Sort of like some people want two left shoes.
>>

>What ever makes your little mind warm and fuzzy Bubba.

Is that the best you can do? Obviously you have no real need for two
cdrw's on one computer and it was a dumb idea. Admit it. You have two
engines in your car too?