I am playing Falcon4 with just the original patch installed. I know of the
tons of updates and I have tried to no avail to get them running within my
limited knowledge of drivers and etc. I am with my time constraints
satisifed to run this sim with just the patch. Anyhow, I occassionally at
the end of a flight whether it is in campaign or other mode, get knocked
back to a black screen. My way out and back to windows is the usual
ctr/alt/delete, where I have the message "3 D Output running" and I have to
end the task to get back to windows, otherwise I am left with a blank
screen. Can someone be of assitance. It would be appreciated. Dane

Mr_Pyro

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

Go to www.freefalcon.com
The most easy path to install is the FreeFalcon3 patch:
Install Falcon 4 CD, install the FF3 patch install the 1_in2 patch.
and you are ready to fly. You might also wan´t to install an new
executable after that, it´s called CobraOne.

/Mr_Pyro

Dane:

I am attempting to rectify the same problem, through the installation of
the SP-4 patch. however, I am encountering installation "challenges".
You may wish to monitor my string below. If I ever get the thing
installed and am able to fly missions without the black screen, I will
post it there.

Dave

DR wrote:

> I am playing Falcon4 with just the original patch installed. I know of the
> tons of updates and I have tried to no avail to get them running within my
> limited knowledge of drivers and etc. I am with my time constraints
> satisifed to run this sim with just the patch. Anyhow, I occassionally at
> the end of a flight whether it is in campaign or other mode, get knocked
> back to a black screen. My way out and back to windows is the usual
> ctr/alt/delete, where I have the message "3 D Output running" and I have to
> end the task to get back to windows, otherwise I am left with a blank
> screen. Can someone be of assitance. It would be appreciated. Dane

Dave, I believe that in order to run 1.08 reliably you need to have a
VooDoo card (Glide AP) installed. It was written for DX 7 and not very
well AFAIK..

Icer

>On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:13:58 -0500, Dave Dantos <ddantos@gsinet.net> wrote:
>Dane:
>
>I am attempting to rectify the same problem, through the installation of
>the SP-4 patch. however, I am encountering installation "challenges".
>You may wish to monitor my string below. If I ever get the thing
>installed and am able to fly missions without the black screen, I will
>post it there.
>
>Dave
>

>DR wrote:
>
>> I am playing Falcon4 with just the original patch installed. I know of the
>> tons of updates and I have tried to no avail to get them running within my
>> limited knowledge of drivers and etc. I am with my time constraints
>> satisifed to run this sim with just the patch. Anyhow, I occassionally at
>> the end of a flight whether it is in campaign or other mode, get knocked
>> back to a black screen. My way out and back to windows is the usual
>> ctr/alt/delete, where I have the message "3 D Output running" and I have to
>> end the task to get back to windows, otherwise I am left with a blank
>> screen. Can someone be of assitance. It would be appreciated. Dane

Or download a Glide Wrapper:

http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> Dave, I believe that in order to run 1.08 reliably you need to have a
> VooDoo card (Glide AP) installed. It was written for DX 7 and not very
> well AFAIK..
>
> Icer
>
>>On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:13:58 -0500, Dave Dantos <ddantos@gsinet.net>
>>wrote:
>>Dane:
>>
>>I am attempting to rectify the same problem, through the installation of
>>the SP-4 patch. however, I am encountering installation "challenges".
>>You may wish to monitor my string below. If I ever get the thing
>>installed and am able to fly missions without the black screen, I will
>>post it there.
>>
>>Dave
>>

>>DR wrote:
>>
>>> I am playing Falcon4 with just the original patch installed. I know of
>>> the
>>> tons of updates and I have tried to no avail to get them running within
>>> my
>>> limited knowledge of drivers and etc. I am with my time constraints
>>> satisifed to run this sim with just the patch. Anyhow, I occassionally
>>> at
>>> the end of a flight whether it is in campaign or other mode, get knocked
>>> back to a black screen. My way out and back to windows is the usual
>>> ctr/alt/delete, where I have the message "3 D Output running" and I have
>>> end the task to get back to windows, otherwise I am left with a blank
>>> screen. Can someone be of assitance. It would be appreciated. Dane

Dave,
I never had a problem just running F4CD/108us. And that's with Win2000
and XP. But they were originally made for Win98 and DX6.
I never had the black screen problem, but on the forums, alot of guys
had that problem after installing the C1 patch. (Cobra) They got rid of
the black screen by creating a new pilot. Go figure........

The FF3 patch includes the 108 patch and, I believe, (Please correct
me?) BMS2.0
But what would be better is to post this on any of the Falcon forums,
along with your
computer specs, so that someone can help you. Your very same problems
have been
discussed many times. Your solution is there.
E-Man
<http://www.simhq.com>
<http://www.frugalsworld.com>
<http://www.freefalcon.com>