SP-4 Install Woes

Despite my efforts, I cannot install SP-4. I uninstalled F4, and then
cleared the registry software hotkeys of anything listing Microprose or
F4. I then reinstalled F4, ensuring that there are no spaces in the
target directory. I then rebooted. I then installed 1.08US, and again
rebooted. Finally, I ran the SP4 installer, and then pressed "apply
patch", when the option emerged. I received an extensive error message
that starts off as:

"failed to apply patch (SP) Falcon SP - File mismatch..."

I tried this several times, each time installing F4 from scratch. What
am I missing?

(system is a new Dell 3.something ghz w/1 gig RAM and an Nvidia GTO
video card, with 256 mb RAM)

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:42:37 -0500, Dave Dantos <ddantos@gsinet.net>
wrote:

>Despite my efforts, I cannot install SP-4. I uninstalled F4, and then
>cleared the registry software hotkeys of anything listing Microprose or
>F4. I then reinstalled F4, ensuring that there are no spaces in the
>target directory. I then rebooted. I then installed 1.08US, and again
>rebooted. Finally, I ran the SP4 installer, and then pressed "apply
>patch", when the option emerged. I received an extensive error message
>that starts off as:
>
>"failed to apply patch (SP) Falcon SP - File mismatch..."
>
>I tried this several times, each time installing F4 from scratch. What
>am I missing?
>
>(system is a new Dell 3.something ghz w/1 gig RAM and an Nvidia GTO
>video card, with 256 mb RAM)

Forget SP4. Get FF3 as it has all the fixes of SP4 and more, then you
need FF3 Hotifix and Cobra1 patch. That will give you the latest F4.0.
You can find links to all these patches in this newsgroup.

Dave -
When F4Patch comes up, what executable is it pointing to in the exe
window? I believe you should have FalconSP.exe in that window and NOT
Falcon.exe.

Let me know
Icer

>On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:42:37 -0500, Dave Dantos <ddantos@gsinet.net> wrote:
>Despite my efforts, I cannot install SP-4. I uninstalled F4, and then
>cleared the registry software hotkeys of anything listing Microprose or
>F4. I then reinstalled F4, ensuring that there are no spaces in the
>target directory. I then rebooted. I then installed 1.08US, and again
>rebooted. Finally, I ran the SP4 installer, and then pressed "apply
>patch", when the option emerged. I received an extensive error message
>that starts off as:
>
>"failed to apply patch (SP) Falcon SP - File mismatch..."
>
>I tried this several times, each time installing F4 from scratch. What
>am I missing?
>
>(system is a new Dell 3.something ghz w/1 gig RAM and an Nvidia GTO
>video card, with 256 mb RAM)

Icer:

The executable is reflected as

C:\MicroProse\Falcon4\FalconSP.exe

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:42:37 -0500, Dave Dantos wrote:

>Despite my efforts, I cannot install SP-4. I uninstalled F4, and then
>cleared the registry software hotkeys of anything listing Microprose or
>F4. I then reinstalled F4, ensuring that there are no spaces in the
>target directory. I then rebooted. I then installed 1.08US, and again
>rebooted. Finally, I ran the SP4 installer, and then pressed "apply
>patch", when the option emerged. I received an extensive error message
>that starts off as:
>
>"failed to apply patch (SP) Falcon SP - File mismatch..."
>
>I tried this several times, each time installing F4 from scratch. What
>am I missing?

Wasn't there some issue with different language versions? Is the
original F4 a standard US/English version?

Adamski.

Adamski:

There is no indication that it is anything but a U.S. version, purchased
at my local Circuit City.