Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Trip from Hell...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 7:34:03 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...

Back around the end of Sept first of Oct, y'all may remember I had a brush
with death. I was on one of my Mexico business trips, and got deathly ill in
the middle of the night. Had a gallstone get lodged in bioduct, and had
backed things up into my pancreas, creating severe acute pancreaitis.. Long
story short, got the red cross ambulance in Juarez to get me to the
International Bridge, they transferred me to a U.S. ambulance from El Paso,
which rushed me to the local hospital there.
Ended up spending 4 days on nothing but an iv drip with antibiotics to get
the infection down, then had a procedure to remove the stone from bioduct,
then had gall bladder removed.
Not fun 1500 miles from home!!

Friday, I had spent the day at the customer's plant, and we were going out
for dinner and entertainment that evening.
Had breakfast at the plant with the guys I was there to work with, couple of
burritos. Lunch, had a light sandwich in cafeteria, same sandwich my buddy
there had as well - I just was not hungry.

Dinner came, took couple guys to restaurant, got there, and I could not eat,
was feeling pretty bad.
After leaving restaurant, I had to pull over immediately and proceeded to
wretchedly vomit what little was on my stomach.
By the time I got back to hotel, I was so damn sick, and sick all night
Friday and Saturday morning.

I thought what the hell, ain't got no damn gall bladder anymore!!!

Was up most of night, then yesterday caught my 12:30 flight out of El Paso,
landing here last night around 7:00 pm, and getting home around 8:00 pm.
Went to bed, still naseaus as hell, nothing left on my stomach though..

Woke up about an hour ago, finally starting to feel a little better..
wierd!!!!

Still cannot even think about eating anything, turns my stomach just to even
think about it. Have not been able to eat since that sandwich at lunch on
Friday. I have managed to drink my first cup of coffee now since Friday
morning, and so far am holding it down..

So there I was , all set for a great Friday night out in Mexico with my
buds, and get sick as hell again!
I had the exact same thing they did to eat that day. I did NOT drink the
water, I know better, always get plenty of bottled water.
I think someone is trying to tell me something :) .

Sooo good to be back home!! Nothing like my own bed when I feel like this...

If I can get it together today, I am going to finish installing my +HS3
throttle hall sensor kit mod in my Cougar throttle, and enjoy some flight
simming with my new Uber2 modded Cougar ! I picked up MSFS 2004, so now have
that as well as Falcon4 to install and get going!





--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

More about : trip hell

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 11:47:09 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:rfydnbvAxIqOP7zfRVn-gA@giganews.com...
> Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...
>
> Back around the end of Sept first of Oct, y'all may remember I had a brush
> with death. I was on one of my Mexico business trips, and got deathly ill
> in the middle of the night. Had a gallstone get lodged in bioduct, and had
> backed things up into my pancreas, creating severe acute pancreaitis..
> Long story short, got the red cross ambulance in Juarez to get me to the
> International Bridge, they transferred me to a U.S. ambulance from El
> Paso, which rushed me to the local hospital there.
> Ended up spending 4 days on nothing but an iv drip with antibiotics to get
> the infection down, then had a procedure to remove the stone from bioduct,
> then had gall bladder removed.
> Not fun 1500 miles from home!!
>
> Friday, I had spent the day at the customer's plant, and we were going out
> for dinner and entertainment that evening.
> Had breakfast at the plant with the guys I was there to work with, couple
> of burritos. Lunch, had a light sandwich in cafeteria, same sandwich my
> buddy there had as well - I just was not hungry.
>
> Dinner came, took couple guys to restaurant, got there, and I could not
> eat, was feeling pretty bad.
> After leaving restaurant, I had to pull over immediately and proceeded to
> wretchedly vomit what little was on my stomach.
> By the time I got back to hotel, I was so damn sick, and sick all night
> Friday and Saturday morning.
>
> I thought what the hell, ain't got no damn gall bladder anymore!!!
>
> Was up most of night, then yesterday caught my 12:30 flight out of El
> Paso, landing here last night around 7:00 pm, and getting home around 8:00
> pm. Went to bed, still naseaus as hell, nothing left on my stomach
> though..
>
> Woke up about an hour ago, finally starting to feel a little better..
> wierd!!!!
>
> Still cannot even think about eating anything, turns my stomach just to
> even think about it. Have not been able to eat since that sandwich at
> lunch on Friday. I have managed to drink my first cup of coffee now since
> Friday morning, and so far am holding it down..
>
> So there I was , all set for a great Friday night out in Mexico with my
> buds, and get sick as hell again!
> I had the exact same thing they did to eat that day. I did NOT drink the
> water, I know better, always get plenty of bottled water.
> I think someone is trying to tell me something :) .
>
> Sooo good to be back home!! Nothing like my own bed when I feel like
> this...
>
> If I can get it together today, I am going to finish installing my +HS3
> throttle hall sensor kit mod in my Cougar throttle, and enjoy some flight
> simming with my new Uber2 modded Cougar ! I picked up MSFS 2004, so now
> have that as well as Falcon4 to install and get going!
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."
>
>


Glad to hear you're doing better Don. I have never had a desire to go to
Mexico. I work for Chrysler and have avoided working on programs that would
require me to go to Mexico, even for a short period. That will get harder
and harder to do however, since most vehicles have at least one assy plant
in Mexico. I spent a several weeks in Austria, but that wasn't so bad :) 

Best of luck to ya and hope you feel well enough to get that Cougar running
smoothly and get Falcon 4 under way!
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 11:47:10 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:rfydnbvAxIqOP7zfRVn-gA@giganews.com...
>> Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...
>>
>> Back around the end of Sept first of Oct, y'all may remember I had a
>> brush with death. I was on one of my Mexico business trips, and got
>> deathly ill in the middle of the night. Had a gallstone get lodged
>> in bioduct, and had backed things up into my pancreas, creating
>> severe acute pancreaitis.. Long story short, got the red cross
>> ambulance in Juarez to get me to the International Bridge, they
>> transferred me to a U.S. ambulance from El Paso, which rushed me to
>> the local hospital there. Ended up spending 4 days on nothing but an iv
>> drip with antibiotics
>> to get the infection down, then had a procedure to remove the stone
>> from bioduct, then had gall bladder removed.
>> Not fun 1500 miles from home!!
>>
>> Friday, I had spent the day at the customer's plant, and we were
>> going out for dinner and entertainment that evening.
>> Had breakfast at the plant with the guys I was there to work with,
>> couple of burritos. Lunch, had a light sandwich in cafeteria, same
>> sandwich my buddy there had as well - I just was not hungry.
>>
>> Dinner came, took couple guys to restaurant, got there, and I could
>> not eat, was feeling pretty bad.
>> After leaving restaurant, I had to pull over immediately and
>> proceeded to wretchedly vomit what little was on my stomach.
>> By the time I got back to hotel, I was so damn sick, and sick all
>> night Friday and Saturday morning.
>>
>> I thought what the hell, ain't got no damn gall bladder anymore!!!
>>
>> Was up most of night, then yesterday caught my 12:30 flight out of El
>> Paso, landing here last night around 7:00 pm, and getting home
>> around 8:00 pm. Went to bed, still naseaus as hell, nothing left on
>> my stomach though..
>>
>> Woke up about an hour ago, finally starting to feel a little better..
>> wierd!!!!
>>
>> Still cannot even think about eating anything, turns my stomach just
>> to even think about it. Have not been able to eat since that
>> sandwich at lunch on Friday. I have managed to drink my first cup of
>> coffee now since Friday morning, and so far am holding it down..
>>
>> So there I was , all set for a great Friday night out in Mexico with
>> my buds, and get sick as hell again!
>> I had the exact same thing they did to eat that day. I did NOT drink
>> the water, I know better, always get plenty of bottled water.
>> I think someone is trying to tell me something :) .
>>
>> Sooo good to be back home!! Nothing like my own bed when I feel like
>> this...
>>
>> If I can get it together today, I am going to finish installing my
>> +HS3 throttle hall sensor kit mod in my Cougar throttle, and enjoy
>> some flight simming with my new Uber2 modded Cougar ! I picked up
>> MSFS 2004, so now have that as well as Falcon4 to install and get
>> going! --
>> Don Burnette
>>
>> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of
>> the way of the man that's doing it."
>>
>>
>
>
> Glad to hear you're doing better Don. I have never had a desire to go
> to Mexico. I work for Chrysler and have avoided working on programs
> that would require me to go to Mexico, even for a short period. That
> will get harder and harder to do however, since most vehicles have at
> least one assy plant in Mexico. I spent a several weeks in Austria,
> but that wasn't so bad :) 
> Best of luck to ya and hope you feel well enough to get that Cougar
> running smoothly and get Falcon 4 under way!


Thanks Hockey, definitely feeling somewhat better today. I was able to keep
some coffee down, going to try some hot cereal here soon.

Cougar is running smoothly, now to some installing and flying!
:) 



--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."
Related resources
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 5:18:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:34:03 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

> Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...

Best go see a Doctor and find out what's up.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 9:28:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Trinity wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:34:03 -0600, "Don Burnette"
> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...
>
> Best go see a Doctor and find out what's up.


Yeah, that's what my daughter is telling me... dang docs put me through the
grindstone if I do though..

Not feelin a lot better yet, I may have to after all.

Thanks,



--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 9:48:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:28:03 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:


>Yeah, that's what my daughter is telling me... dang docs put me through the
>grindstone if I do though..
>
>Not feelin a lot better yet, I may have to after all.
>
>Thanks,

I just had to go through a cystocopy (camera up the old water works).
Blood in the urine and burning sensation for 24hrs afterwards - wasn't
too bad though and I don't think they found anything wrong anyway so
it was all for nothing. They sedated me with this drug that makes you
semi unconscious so the actual procedure wasn't painful. I wouldn't
like to go through it with no sedation though like in the old days.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 4:27:58 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Z-ydncT1ueGH-L_fRVn-1w@giganews.com...
> Trinity wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:34:03 -0600, "Don Burnette"
>> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Man, I don't think I am meant to make these Mexico trips anymore...
>>
>> Best go see a Doctor and find out what's up.
>
>
> Yeah, that's what my daughter is telling me... dang docs put me through
> the grindstone if I do though..
>
> Not feelin a lot better yet, I may have to after all.

It really does not hurt to see the doc and have him tell you everything
is OK. There is/was a flu going around and maybe you got caught in
that? I know I did...


--

gcisko@hotmail.com
!