Falcon 4.0: FreeFalcon 3.1 released

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
news:rfle21l50g6cmmejsk7j9emsu9hgsjikah@4ax.com...
> It includes the new Cobra 1.1 also. The install order, etc. is here..
>
> http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10039
>
> Enjoy
> Icer

Damn the Hi-Fi flight models aren't supported :{

Thanks for this!

One thing that I'm not clear on is the manual. I looked at the FreeFalcon
manual and it looks very interesting but it doesn't seem to document all the
MFDs and procedures etc.

Is there a definitive "faq" or something that shows which documents you need
in order to use FreeFalcon now? It isn't a situation where I needs some
parts of some documents and other parts of other documents is it?

G. Patricks wrote:
> It includes the new Cobra 1.1 also. The install order, etc. is here..
>
> http://www.freefalcon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10039
>
> Enjoy
> Icer

Yeah, I saw it yesterday. Good timing, as I still have not installed my
recently aquired Falcon4. This weekend, she get installed!

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

How does this version compare to lomac? Thanks.

I'm with Icer on this. I do like LOMAC and it even runs pretty well on my
system, but it just doesn't see the light of day anymore. On the other hand
F4 with enhancements (such as Hi-Res tiles) drags me back time and time
again. I like going on missions, never knowing quite what to expect despite
studying the map. I also like the persistent war that you can follow and
even influence. In fact you can even command your own troops directly in F4
(something that a lot of people don't know about).

LOMAC seems very sterile to me and doesn't provide the same kind of
immersion. You don't get all the constant radio chatter, the ATC for landing
and takeoffs is very simplistic compared with falcons and you just don't get
to see a 'war' going on around you with other flights doing their thing and
the ground troops pummeling each other.

The next installment of LOMAC doesn't fix this and seems more of an add on
pack to me. Although I bought the previous Flanker titles, I will be staying
away from the series until they get a dynamic campaign introduced. It is the
same with IL2, I just don't get a feeling of being in a war. Are these type
of campaigns really that hard to do?

As you say each to their own, but I guess I will be playing F4 for a long
time to come.
RobP

"Mitch_A" <naman@pacbell.nospam.net> wrote in message
> Its more than graphics or lack of a Dynamic Campaign that makes me keep
> going back to Lomac. F4 is more like bad dated shareware than a modern
> simulation...
>
> If you spent even 1/100th the time configuring Lomac that youve spent
> doing
> the Falcon dance you would clearly see things like the low level explosion
> effects that bog the system are quickly and easily fixed while maintaining
> decent effects. If its not worth your effort fine but the fix is there.
>
> I understand your issues with the lack of a dynamic campaign but its
> inconsequential to me as I fly all the planes and in no certain sequence.
> Ive been messing with Lomac for only a few months but Ive yet to see the
> same mission twice unless I choose to.
>
> To each his own.
>
> Mitch
> --
> Remove "nospam." to reply.
> SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

Lomac??? WTF is lomac???? Sheesh.

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:16:32 GMT, Mitch_A wrote:

>Its more than graphics or lack of a Dynamic Campaign that makes me keep
>going back to Lomac. F4 is more like bad dated shareware than a modern
>simulation...
>
>If you spent even 1/100th the time configuring Lomac that youve spent doing
>the Falcon dance you would clearly see things like the low level explosion
>effects that bog the system are quickly and easily fixed while maintaining
>decent effects. If its not worth your effort fine but the fix is there.

I'm with Rob and Icer on this. There is something that keeps dragging
me back to LOMAC (I was a die-hard Flanker fan) but it's the *insane*
GUI that I have real difficulty with. I think they re-defined the term
"counter-intuitive".

Stangely, I've not had performance issues with LOMAC - even on a lowly
P4/1.7MHz - it's the sterility that gets me. It's a very lonely world
up there.

I've often flown F4 campaigns with labels on - just to watch all the
activity going on around me. Bomb a runway and the next mission or two
later you see trucks out there mending the damn' thing. It's just
awesome.

As to the graphics ... yes ... LOMAC is good. I usually take up a
Flanker for a spin - just to watch it in outside view. It's such a
beautiful plane. However - F4 with a couple of cockpit add-ons and
some Hi-Tiles is more than adequate for a nerdy button-pushing sim.

I've had both lines of sim from day one. Whereas Flanker used to take
up 90% to 10% in Flanker (as it was then) - I find it's the other way
round now.

Adamski.

am

"Predator" <predator.this@predator.that> wrote in message

> Online, against another human opponent, it totally owns falcon. BVR,
> dogfighting in the mountains, sneaking up on a SU-33 trying to hide in the
> mountains with EOS is something you'll never experience in F4.

Gee, guess you never flew online in a MiG 29, using the EOS at low level
hunting another person (human) flying lead with a flight of F 18's
following behind. This was in 1995 BTW..... And that was only Falcon 3...
An online Falcon 4 TE is still much more immersive than any online play
with LOMAC......................

> But to each his own, you can play your game with the computer or get
> online and play a real sim with other players.

Than obiviously you are playing IL 2 over at HL right ??
There are several hundred people playing IL 2 on a good
day ! I mean the LOMAC room generally is lucky to have just a
couple of people playing at a time...........................
(but I admit, I am interested in giving it a whirl :)

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

G. Patricks wrote:
> I hear your mommy calling..

ROFL, funniest exchange ever. Keep it up dudes!

hehehe

Icer

>On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:38:46 +0100, "B. Jansen" <bcpj_totallybogus@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>G. Patricks wrote:
>> I hear your mommy calling..
>
>ROFL, funniest exchange ever. Keep it up dudes!

Dunno Greg but I was just startin to take a liking to the little
fella.. LOL

Icer

>On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 23:45:25 -0600, "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Thanks for clearing that up. Who TF is that predator dude?
>wow...

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:38:46 +0100, "B. Jansen"
<bcpj_totallybogus@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>G. Patricks wrote:
>> I hear your mommy calling..
>
>ROFL, funniest exchange ever. Keep it up dudes!

Seriously! Haven't been this entertained here in a long time! Glad to
see you still got it Icer. :)

Weaver

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:58:03 -0500, G. Patricks
<GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:

> you little my wise and beautiful friend.. Whats the matter, the Ultima Online newsgroup throw you out?

lmao :)

Weaver

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:59:32 -0500, Eric Joiner
<ejoiner2@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Kids, this looks like a classic opportunity to "take it to email".

whats your email address?

Weaver wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:59:32 -0500, Eric Joiner
> <ejoiner2@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>Kids, this looks like a classic opportunity to "take it to email".
>

> whats your email address?

Pretty transparent...same one Im sending this from. I dont hide
behind false emails and screen names. All I know is that if you
guys have an issue and want to get personal about it, dont
waste the space here. Do it direct. Frankly few people care.

Weaver

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:08:55 -0500, Eric Joiner
<ejoiner2@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Weaver wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:59:32 -0500, Eric Joiner
>> <ejoiner2@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Kids, this looks like a classic opportunity to "take it to email".
>>

>> whats your email address?
>>

>Pretty transparent...same one Im sending this from. I dont hide
>behind false emails and screen names. All I know is that if you
>guys have an issue and want to get personal about it, dont
>waste the space here. Do it direct. Frankly few people care.

lol

sorry eric I was being mischievious only and not being entirely
serious :)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:34:58 +0000, Weaver <dratI@forgot.com> wrote:

>lol
>
>sorry eric I was being mischievious only and not being entirely
>serious :)

He's an American and doesn't get your Brit humour. Do your Mr. Bean
impression next time, they like Mr. Bean.