Can I Use Modem & Wireless together?

racechef1957

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Please start with the "yes" or "no" part. I live in a remote area. I can get up tp 3.5 Mbps on cable ( Charter, Voted #1 for speed by PC mag ) and 2.4 Mbps on wireless (Verizon) on a perfect day or the middle of the night. I have contacted both for help that will never come. "It's as fast as we go where you are" ( Please take the toothpick out of your mouth )
Just tell me if there is anything else I can do. I just finished building a nice PC and hoped to do a lot of high speed "stuff"
Thanks, Charles

racechef1957@yahoo.com

racechef1957

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Thanks, finally. Is there anything I can do? This waste of hardware is a real shame. I cannot function in high speed gaming or racing. A video is pretty much out of the question. Charter promised me 30 MBps repeatedly and still advertises it today, along with the " PC magazine: Fastest internet in the country " tag. "We said "up to" 30MBps and "Oh no sir, You have our Internet Lite". Two trips with two techs worked about 6 1/2 hours until 9:30 at night because there was no signal. "That signal will get here so hot we'll have to split it off first to keep it from burning up your equipment" Well it's about time to call them and ask about the 2 HD tv's that don't exist. If I didn't quit drinking, I wouldn't have this problem. Thanks

The promised YOU directly 30mb speeds or just in their ads? If the service providers can't get faster speeds after trying, you'll have to live with what they can get you. 3.5 mb is not too bad, I've seen DSL connections that due to the distance from the central station and old phone wires run at 300k and drop out often.

TRENDING THREADS