I need a UFO flight simulation !!!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
because I crashed into your pathetic planet.

I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

Well I have a non-pathetic PC, so it won't run any of your pathetic
sims. Howver, if your PC isn't too pathetic, it might run SubLogic's
"UFO" - a standalone game using the sim engine of one of the first
incarnations of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and interchangeable with
scneery disks made by SL, or the sceneries in either FS or SL-Jet.

"Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
> because I crashed into your pathetic planet.
>
> I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
> on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

mrrrrp mop mffftmm mbbbmmgggmmp mrlmrlmrl mfffsssff fmmmmfssooosm

On 5 Mar 2005 23:40:56 -0800, insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz (Paul Eisner) wrote:

>I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
>because I crashed into your pathetic planet.
>
>I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
>on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
newsgroups (all cross-posted to a single low-traffic but unrelated
newsgroup) with superficially relevant comments. The purpose is to disrupt
with off-topic crosspostings.

Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
yourself on display in his trophy case.

If you feel you have to respond to one of his posts, please don't crosspost
to his tracking newsgroup. In this case it is israel.amix.

Like all trolls, the way to handle him is to IGNORE him.

Take a few minutes of your time and check out the following score cards to
see firsthand what this perverted troll is doing. I promise, you'll be
amazed at just how active and perverted he is. You will see firsthand the
troll's work and his trophies. You will see into the sickness and darkness
of the worst troll on the internet today. Read some of his posts and look at
the headers. You will see than no newsgroup is immune. You will see
flamewars started, some containing over a hundred messages.

Browse the can.uucp newsgroup, his old score card, for Karl-Hugo Weesberg

Browse the is.matur newsgroup, his old score card, for Dan Simper.

Browse the scot.tld newsgroup, his old score card, for Bruno Beam.

Browse the israel.amix newsgroup, his current score card, for Paul Eisner.

He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
discovered to be anagrams (for example "Dan Simper" is an anagram of
"Spiderman", Bruno Beam is an anagram of "Unabomber").

This guy is a serious troll with a serious problem. Don't be one of his
trophies.

Chances are that I don't subscribe to this newsgroup. I am simply monitoring
the newsgroups the Anagram Troll is using as his score card. Any posts from
me are a result of that monitoring. I normally only post to the newsgroup
being spammed, not to the score card newsgroup, thus I will not see any
replies directly to this post.

Above all, please do not allow him to start a flamewar or extensive
discussion in your newsgroup. He thrives on that. If it is too late, don't
crosspost to his score card newsgroup. That trophy count is his motivation
to continue trolling. Please help stop him in his tracks.

In article <d97491c7.0503052340.1f34798@posting.google.com>,
Paul Eisner <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
> because I crashed into your pathetic planet. I must learn to fly a
> flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation on your pathetic
> Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your mishap. Sorry about the planet being
so pathetic too, we know quite well it's a terrible mess. The systems
we've built to run our societies are horrible, and now that things
have gotten this far, we're enduring what's know as a "vendor lock-in",
if you know what i mean. But things are bound to get better. Too bad
you crashed in at such a lousy time. Even if the people are rather wary,
they mostly mean well. And the scenery is stunning!

Let's see... Ye olde "Frontier" and it's successor "First Encounters"
would teach you fundamentals of spaceflight. You know what falling is in
it's essence and things like that, but i don't think you need to be
taught basic concepts like that unless you hit your head (or where-ever
your motoric skill reside). Forget most space-flight programs
you'll meet, they're total bollocks. Majority of them try to "model"
aircrafts in space, though there's no /air/ to /craft/ around in. They
usually model yet non-existent technology too, so i don't think they'll
be much good.

Unfortunately i think it's unlikely you'll find a sim for ships from
your particular culture, but if you'd be more specific about the
basic concepts required for your license, maybe we can think of
something.

Hmm, WarHead on the trustworthy Amiga could be worth a go. And that
"Shuttle" was one rather serious sim of the NASA Shuttle, if you intend
to nick that. Won't get your far on your way home though, it was built
to only go as far as the orbit, but maybe you know how to tune it a bit.
It's no alien technology either, sorry :(

Hope this helps.

(Sorry mate for spoiling your trolling attempt, if it was meant as
such! Didn't mean to, honest.)

..mace --- 1+2l

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

http://www.alienware.com/

Lorenzo
www.brokenbones.d2g.com

"Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> kirjoitti
viestissä:d97491c7.0503052340.1f34798@posting.google.com...
> I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
> because I crashed into your pathetic planet.
>
> I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
> on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

>I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
>because I crashed into your pathetic planet.
>I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
>on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Forget about flying as a first option for your skills. You better
stay brushed up on your "gang probing" skills or when you get back to
your home plantet, all the lother green lobe head shaped friends you
have will make fun of you.

wrote:

>I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
>because I crashed into your pathetic planet.
>
>I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
>on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?

Psst! Visit area 51(Groom Lake, Nevada), near Las Vega, I hear they
have a UFO that is still flyable.

pilgrim_uk

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2003

On 06 Mar 2005 10:04:06 GMT, mace@pcuf.fi (Markku Ojala) wrote:

>In article <d97491c7.0503052340.1f34798@posting.google.com>,
>Paul Eisner <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>> I'm an alien from outer space who just lost his UFO-flying licence,
>> because I crashed into your pathetic planet. I must learn to fly a
>> flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation on your pathetic
>> Earth PCs can you recommend ?
>
>Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your mishap. Sorry about the planet being
>so pathetic too, we know quite well it's a terrible mess. The systems
>we've built to run our societies are horrible, and now that things
>have gotten this far, we're enduring what's know as a "vendor lock-in",
>if you know what i mean. But things are bound to get better. Too bad
>you crashed in at such a lousy time. Even if the people are rather wary,
>they mostly mean well. And the scenery is stunning!
>
>Let's see... Ye olde "Frontier" and it's successor "First Encounters"
>would teach you fundamentals of spaceflight. You know what falling is in
>it's essence and things like that, but i don't think you need to be
>taught basic concepts like that unless you hit your head (or where-ever
>your motoric skill reside). Forget most space-flight programs
>you'll meet, they're total bollocks. Majority of them try to "model"
>aircrafts in space, though there's no /air/ to /craft/ around in. They
>usually model yet non-existent technology too, so i don't think they'll
>be much good.
>
>Unfortunately i think it's unlikely you'll find a sim for ships from
>your particular culture, but if you'd be more specific about the
>basic concepts required for your license, maybe we can think of
>something.
>
>Hmm, WarHead on the trustworthy Amiga could be worth a go. And that
>"Shuttle" was one rather serious sim of the NASA Shuttle, if you intend
>to nick that. Won't get your far on your way home though, it was built
>to only go as far as the orbit, but maybe you know how to tune it a bit.
>It's no alien technology either, sorry :(
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>(Sorry mate for spoiling your trolling attempt, if it was meant as
>such! Didn't mean to, honest.)
>
>.mace --- 1+2l

Warhead now that was a great game took me ages to figure out that you
had to put that enemy ship in the black hole

http://hol.abime.net/1667/miscshot

"Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
> Psst! Visit area 51(Groom Lake, Nevada), near Las Vega, I hear they
> have a UFO that is still flyable.

USED UFO LOW MILEAGE ONLY SOME BEER STAINS ON SEATS WILL TAKE BEST
OFFER - TWEEK

Well, the jokes onm him because he's 99% on topic here ;)

Main site for "Orbiter", a space flight simulator.
(For which humans have created UFO addons)
http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html

Message Board
http://orbit.m6.net/v2/boardtalk.asp

Addons:

New UFO model, not very developed yet (more out there, this was the
first I found)
http://orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=22337

And of course for camoflage during reconnaissance, there is always
http://orbit.m6.net/v2/read.asp?id=22370&recordnum=0

In article <5f2m211f24u9qdj07o2qms9jgt596em3uh@4ax.com>,
Pilgrim_UK <Pilgrim@home.com> wrote:
>On 06 Mar 2005 10:04:06 GMT, mace@pcuf.fi (Markku Ojala) wrote:
>>Paul Eisner <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>>> I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic
>>> simulation on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?
>> Hmm, WarHead on the trustworthy Amiga could be worth a go.
> [...] now that was a great game

Yeah it's a neat game, even if not what Paul, the OP asked for. But it'll
make you think relativity and all that space stuff :) Unfortunately the
link you posted was b0rk3n. For me anyway.

>> .mace --- 1+2l
> [Pilgrim_UK]

..mace --- f0 1+ovo0

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

In article <1110124808.682489.30790@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
FatKat <robynari@juno.com> wrote:
> Well I have a non-pathetic PC, so it won't run any of your pathetic
> sims.

Now let's be honest with this dude. He[0] from /space/, our PCs sure
might look rather pathetic. I mean that IBM PC clone on our desktops
might be overclocked to 3Ghz or beyoind even, but it's still that
pathetic PC. Now Amigas on the other hand... now they were
sophisticated.

Don't know much about alien instruments, but i sure think an Amiga 500
would strike to them as a more impressive piece of equipment than the
IBM PC clone that've gotten all quite popular these days.

> if your PC isn't too pathetic, it might run SubLogic's "UFO"

Downloading as i write. On Home of the Underdogs[1]' entry for UFO
there's another game recommended called "Flying Saucer", which is pretty
much what the name implies. I'd better grab that too.

I hope Paul the spacealien will write more about the requirements for
those licenses. we'd be able to sort this out better, besides i
wouldn't mind that license myself. One never drives the license, but
the vehicle, but i'd hate to speed to a radar of some interstellar
coppers (A.C.A.B.!) and not have a license for the craft.

[0] or she or whatever. i'm assuming it's a he, because he's name
is Paul
[1] great site about old computergames at
http://www.the-underdogs.org

..mace --- 01 +pd+eemmsd

In article <qk5m2119lubgt2g94rlsuup83iappplcue@4ax.com>,
The Anti-Troll <Nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>On 5 Mar 2005 23:40:56 -0800, insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz (Paul Eisner) wrote:
>> I must learn to fly a flying saucer again, so what pathetic simulation
>> on your pathetic Earth PCs can you recommend ?
> [this is a serious troll called "anagram troll"] If you feel you have
> to respond to one of his posts, please don't crosspost to his tracking
> newsgroup. In this case it is israel.amix. [...] Above all, please do
> not allow him to start a flamewar or extensive discussion in your
> newsgroup.

No no, he's right on the topic here. Me, a lover of imagination, have
thought about the very same thing myself. :)

In my opinion what we have here is a rare, quality troll. If all trolls
were like this, the Internet would be a lot merrier place. He[0]'s
put some effort into it, you know picked a proper newsgroup, tapped
off his[0] capslock, anagrammified his[0] name and composed humorously,
in good taste.

Too bad not all the users recognize and handle trolls (or each other even)
in ways that won't put fire to flames. We're a big crowd here on the
Innurnjet, and not everyone bothers to acquaint themselves of the
cultures and all the phenomena as much as others. That's not
necessarily that bad, since lot of people have other things on their mind
than the Internet itself. That's also why there's a social need for
"Internet-militia", or more like "Internet superheroes"; people who have
an inner calling to educate and warn other netizens. I don't like any
kinds of coppers (A.C.A.B.!), Big Brothers or any such fascists, but
caring voices from the ranks of the people warm my heart.

I, like everyone, loath flamewars, and all sorts of poor abuse i don't
like either, like most trolls. But i think a /tasty/ kind of abuse is a
most welcome spice in the soup! Trolling is obviously one of the oldest
jokes around, and not much of a laugh as such.

BTW. i've already installed UFO and Orbiter. Flying Saucer is still
downloading... from the publishers webmall, of course <grin>.

[0] could be a she of course, or even an it, but Anti-Troll
used "him", so i'm sticking to it too

>> [Lag moral rant]
> [Anti-Troll]

..mace --- lgfg

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

Install IL-2. Select La-7. Hit Fly.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,israel.amix (More info?)

Sounds like you need subLogic's UFO.