I have Windows 7 with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 Network Adapter. It can be picky about what routers it connects to but usually it stops being stubborn after a few minutes. Now it won't connect to my building's internet (while my other computer and devices can). My laptop can access any other wifi and internet. Sometimes it can connect to the WIFI but gets no internet and sometimes I cannot connect to the WiFi at all.
1. Sometimes I'm able to connect to router and just not have internet. Sometimes I can't connect at all.
2. I deleted network profile multiple times. Made no difference.
3. Disabled network adapter and re-enabled - Didnt work
4. Updated Net Adapt driver. - Nope
5. Anytime I connect to router the security is set incorrectly to WEP. Troubleshooting tells me to adjust this which I did to WPA2-Personal. Still still couldn't access internet.
6. Tried to ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /release in cmd but says "no operation can be performed on wireless network connection while it has its media disconnected" - so nope
7. Tried a se[erate USB network adapter - No difference. This actually surprised me, I figured it must be my Intel 6200 but alas it isn't.
My biggest hurdle is I cannot access the router. I have to figure this out on my laptop and I have no Ethernet chord ability either. Every forum post I read about wifi issues people always tinker with their router and it fixes it. Well I cannot do that. So help me out please :-)
So I rebooted back into Ubuntu and turns out it had the same issue with misidentifying the security as WEP. I changed it to WPA2 Personal and voila it works now.
In Windows 7 when I change the security it still doesn't work even though I corrected the issue. Windows troubleshooter even knows this is the issue but it won't connect to the internet once I fix it. Any ideas?