GlobalFlyer for MS Flight sim

"JoshIII" <josh3iREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:393aq4F5pggvcU1@individual.net...

> "Hawkeye" <Hawkeye__59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > http://www.theheavenlyhangar.com/READMORE/GLOBFLYER/index.htm
> >

> How does it fly with full fuel load?
>
> JoshIII
> joshjj on Warbirds2004 (Hey, I getting better at it, getting some kills)

Very sluggish, as I would expect the real thing to do. Rolls are very
slow, requiring an early lead-in and rollout to be on the heading you want.
Take off requires the entire runway at Salina Muni, just coming off the
ground as the overrun starts with no wind). Initial acceleration is slow,
getting to 5 knots in maybe 10 seconds! <G>

Thanks God for autopilot!

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

"Earl Needham" <munged@3lefties.com> wrote in message

> > How does it fly with full fuel load?
> >
> > JoshIII
> > joshjj on Warbirds2004 (Hey, I getting better at it, getting some kills)
>
> Very sluggish, as I would expect the real thing to do. Rolls are very
> slow, requiring an early lead-in and rollout to be on the heading you
want.
> Take off requires the entire runway at Salina Muni, just coming off the
> ground as the overrun starts with no wind). Initial acceleration is slow,
> getting to 5 knots in maybe 10 seconds! <G>
>
> Thanks God for autopilot!
> --
> Earl Needham
> Clovis, New Mexico USA

Fossett is quite a good test pilot. He's obviously had some test pilot
training. He Almost in the same league as the Yeager's, Armstrong's,
Crossfield's, Hover's, Glenn's etc.

Not many test pilots could do what he did when they are at age 60 either.

JoshIII
upstate south carolina
joshjj on Warbirds2004 (Hear the Boom?You're lit like the Moon!)