Modding PSU cables need help!

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I've started modding my Antec True Power 430W PSU. I bought some cable sleeving over at <A HREF="http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/index.html" target="_new">FrozenCPU</A>. I chose the 1/4 inch size. I also picked up 1/4 inch heat shrink tubing to go over the frayed ends of the nylon sleeving. Problem is the heat shrink won't fit over the molex pins after I've remove the plastic plugs. Should I get 1/2 inch heat shrink tubing to fit over the molex pins? Or should I get bigger than 1/2 inch? I just wanna be sure on size because I want to finish this mod. Any help would be great!!

<font color=blue>Clean your keyboard once a month to avoid sticky keys. <font color=blue>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
hold the pins together and measure it

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>

groth2757

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I guess what I'm trying to find out is if the larger heat shrink sizes will shrink to fit snug around the wires and nylon? I bought some Radio Shack heat shrink and the larger sizes didn't shrink down small enough.

<font color=blue>Clean your keyboard once a month to avoid sticky keys. <font color=blue>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
sorry no idea, mine got factory zip-ties on all the cables and a net looking thing on the main board cable

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>