Behringer speaker part source?

Last response: in Home Audio
October 18, 2004 2:14:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

One of our F1220 monitors jumped off the cart during load out this
past weekend and can you believe that after the third time this
thing's fallen from about 3 feet, the HF driver horn had the nerve to
crack off? ;-)

So I'm in the hunt for a 44P60A8 replacement driver. I found one at
http://www.dbmproaudio.com/behrparts.html#SPKR

where their part number 0OTH-250, for $95. I'm curious on two counts:

Can you get the horn without the driver? If not, is there anywhere
I can do appreciably better on price on the whole driver?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <m03c0cgis2.fsf@ripco.com>, bmiawmb@toddh.net (Todd H.)
wrote:

> One of our F1220 monitors jumped off the cart during load out this
> past weekend and can you believe that after the third time this
> thing's fallen from about 3 feet, the HF driver horn had the nerve to
> crack off? ;-)
>
> So I'm in the hunt for a 44P60A8 replacement driver. I found one at
> http://www.dbmproaudio.com/behrparts.html#SPKR
>
> where their part number 0OTH-250, for $95. I'm curious on two counts:
>
> Can you get the horn without the driver? If not, is there anywhere
> I can do appreciably better on price on the whole driver?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info!
>
> Best Regards,

buy a new box and keep the broken one for spare
you are getting so much more if you spend the 160$ vs the 95$
with a complete new unit
george
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:57:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hi Todd. Yes, we carry the horn flare, the driver and the HF diaphragm all
as separate parts, and for less than the entire assembly you saw at $95.
You can order spares from any dealer or online from one of our service
centers in NYC at http://www.dbmproaudio.com. In this case I took care of
the order myself. Your parts shipped yesterday.

Let me know when you are back in business.

Best Regards,

Jim

Jim Savery
Global Customer Support Manager
BEHRINGER The Americas
Tel: 1-425-672-0816 x 111
Fax: 1-425-673-7647
mailto:j.savery@behringer.com
http://www.behringer.com/

"Todd H." <bmiawmb@toddh.net> wrote in message

> One of our F1220 monitors jumped off the cart during load out this
> past weekend and can you believe that after the third time this
> thing's fallen from about 3 feet, the HF driver horn had the nerve to
> crack off? ;-)
>
> So I'm in the hunt for a 44P60A8 replacement driver. I found one at
> http://www.dbmproaudio.com/behrparts.html#SPKR
>
> where their part number 0OTH-250, for $95. I'm curious on two counts:
>
> Can you get the horn without the driver? If not, is there anywhere
> I can do appreciably better on price on the whole driver?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info!
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
> \ / | http://www.toddh.net/
> X Promoting good netiquette | http://triplethreatband.com/
> / \ http://www.toddh.net/netiquette/ | "4 lines suffice."
October 20, 2004 2:20:15 PM

"Jim Savery" <jim.savery@comcast.net> writes:

> Hi Todd. Yes, we carry the horn flare, the driver and the HF diaphragm all
> as separate parts, and for less than the entire assembly you saw at $95.
> You can order spares from any dealer or online from one of our service
> centers in NYC at http://www.dbmproaudio.com. In this case I took care of
> the order myself. Your parts shipped yesterday.
>
> Let me know when you are back in business.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the reply and the followup to the emails we exchanged.

For the record, y'all rock. Hard. These Behringer purchases we've
made in the past year have exceeded my expectations more than any
other gear purchase I've made recently, and you help with the 2 issues
we've had (one warranty, one our own dumb fault) has been
extraordinary.

Kudos. We'll be buying more. :-)

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
X Promoting good netiquette | http://triplethreatband.com/
/ \ http://www.toddh.net/netiquette/ | "4 lines suffice."
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 5:01:32 PM

Jim Savery wrote:

> Hi Todd. Yes, we carry the horn flare, the driver and the HF diaphragm all
> as separate parts, and for less than the entire assembly you saw at $95.
> You can order spares from any dealer or online from one of our service
> centers in NYC at http://www.dbmproaudio.com. In this case I took care of
> the order myself. Your parts shipped yesterday.

> Let me know when you are back in business.

> Best Regards,

> Jim

> Jim Savery
> Global Customer Support Manager
> BEHRINGER The Americas
> Tel: 1-425-672-0816 x 111
> Fax: 1-425-673-7647
> mailto:j.savery@behringer.com
> http://www.behringer.com/

I just want to interject that this level of support is consistent with
my own professional experience with Behringer in the USA.

--
ha
Anonymous

> I just want to interject that this level of support is consistent with
> my own professional experience with Behringer in the USA.

Mine, too.

Glenn D.
October 20, 2004 6:13:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

In article <Hkudd.1209$t57.415@news.cpqcorp.net>,
"Glenn Dowdy" <glenn.no.dowdy@hpspam.com> wrote:

> "hank alrich" <walkinay@thegrid.net> wrote in message
>
> > I just want to interject that this level of support is consistent with
> > my own professional experience with Behringer in the USA.
> >
> Mine, too.
>
> Glenn D.

From what I have seen
Behringer is about at the top of the food chain as far as customer
service and value for the dollar
they are a company I am proud to support
they make me money
George
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 8:40:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

walkinay@thegrid.net (hank alrich)

> Jim Savery wrote:
>
>> Hi Todd. Yes, we carry the horn flare, the driver and the HF
>> diaphragm all as separate parts, and for less than the entire
>> assembly you saw at $95. You can order spares from any dealer or
>> online from one of our service centers in NYC at
>> http://www.dbmproaudio.com. In this case I took care of the order
>> myself. Your parts shipped yesterday.
>
>> Let me know when you are back in business.
>
>> Best Regards,
>
>> Jim
>

>> Jim Savery
>> Global Customer Support Manager
>> BEHRINGER The Americas
>> Tel: 1-425-672-0816 x 111
>> Fax: 1-425-673-7647
>> mailto:j.savery@behringer.com
>> http://www.behringer.com/
>
> I just want to interject that this level of support is consistent with
> my own professional experience with Behringer in the USA.

And that's the main reason I just bought a V-amp Pro!

david
!