V525 charging problem

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 27, 2004 8:53:50 PM

I have a V525 which will not charge using the mains charger. I have a
second charger at work and that will not work either. I have cleaned the
contacts on both the chargers and the phone bur still no use.

However, for some strange reason it will charge using the cheap car charger.
Anyone any ideas please.

Is it possible to reset / reboot the phone?

More about : v525 charging problem

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 8:57:42 PM

Silky wrote:
> I have a V525 which will not charge using the mains charger. I have a
> second charger at work and that will not work either. I have cleaned
> the contacts on both the chargers and the phone bur still no use.
>
> However, for some strange reason it will charge using the cheap car
> charger. Anyone any ideas please.
>
> Is it possible to reset / reboot the phone?

I had exactly the same problem myself and came to the conclusion that the
original Motorola chargers were a poor design (due to the fact that they
sometimes work with a bit of jiggling). I now use a cheap replacement as it
never fails to work. I think the contacts on the original are either too
small or the metal used does not conduct as well as the replacement chargers
--
TezmitcH
http://kickme.to/constrictor