Pacific Fighters - Any Torpedoes?

Does Pacific Fighters now allow you to launch torpedoes?

I'm asking because I thought the original release was lacking this feature.
Ken

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:12:35 GMT, "Ken Morano"
<kenneth.c.morano@nosplamolaboeing.com> wrote:

>Does Pacific Fighters now allow you to launch torpedoes?
>
>I'm asking because I thought the original release was lacking this feature.
>Ken

That feature was supposed to be added in a free patch but who knows if
we will ever see it or not?

p.s. I don't even want to play it without torpedoes. CFS2 pulled the
same stunt. Back to 1942: PAW.

Connected wrote:
> p.s. I don't even want to play it without torpedoes. CFS2 pulled the
> same stunt. Back to 1942: PAW.

Really? Why not?

There is some incredible fun to be had in this sim, torpedos or not...

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:19:22 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Really? Why not?
>
>There is some incredible fun to be had in this sim, torpedos or not...

Because I want realistic attacks on ships, that's why.

Too funny! Is it true that 1942 PAW was the last sim that allowed us to use
torpedoes??

"Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
> p.s. I don't even want to play it without torpedoes. CFS2 pulled the
> same stunt. Back to 1942: PAW.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:57:59 GMT, "Ken Morano"
<kenneth.c.morano@nosplamolaboeing.com> wrote:

>Too funny! Is it true that 1942 PAW was the last sim that allowed us to use
>torpedoes??

Last Pacific Air War sim - yes.

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:19:22 -0600, "Don Burnette"
> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Really? Why not?
>>
>>There is some incredible fun to be had in this sim, torpedos or not...
>
> Because I want realistic attacks on ships, that's why.

You can divebomb. That's realistic. That said, I agree with you - WTF is
with a Pacific theater game without torps???

am

"RxMan" <rxman@maps-cox.net> wrote in message
> You do get 3 landbased torpedo bombers though.
>
> HE-111, Il-2T, A-20

And get ready for the most intense AAA you have seen yet in this sim !!
I like torp run's, but ya got to get good at launching from a distance to
survive. Tho AAA is scaleable in the sim now................

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:39:14 -0600, "RxMan" <rxman@maps-cox.net> wrote:

>You do get 3 landbased torpedo bombers though.
>
>HE-111, Il-2T, A-20
>
>Rx

That's if you install PF over the top of IL-2/AEP, right? I install it
standalone because I don't have AEP.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:17:51 +0100, Remco Moedt <nope@notreally.com>
wrote:

>Wussy!
>
>Real Men do the Japanese Kamikaze Campaign! :)
>
>Cheers!
>

>Remco

I'll think about it. Bazaaaaiiii!!!!

"AM" <SCTUSER@comcast.net> writes:

> "RxMan" <rxman@maps-cox.net> wrote in message
>> You do get 3 landbased torpedo bombers though.
>>
>> HE-111, Il-2T, A-20
>>

> And get ready for the most intense AAA you have seen yet in this sim !!
> I like torp run's, but ya got to get good at launching from a distance to
> survive. Tho AAA is scaleable in the sim now................

Against the carrier it depends on where you approach it. Go low in at
it's stern and you escape almost all the AAA, but lower area to
hit. Go in from the side and you're almost asking for suicide :)

Øystein
--
Roy Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships
on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the

"Ken Morano" <kenneth.c.morano@nosplamolaboeing.com> wrote in message
> Does Pacific Fighters now allow you to launch torpedoes?
>
> I'm asking because I thought the original release was lacking this
> feature.
> Ken

In one of the in-game recordings, there was a japanese fighter (can't
remember which) that dropped a torpedo against a ship.

RxMan wrote:
> You do get 3 landbased torpedo bombers though.
>
> HE-111, Il-2T, A-20
>
> Rx
>

> >I don't recall the HE-111, Il-2T, A-20 being in the Pacific.
What engagement(s) would I expect to realistically find them?
Can they carry photon torpedos?
:-( Tuba2

Joe

I still hold a slim hope that the coming patch will take care of these (and
other) rather glaring ommissions, or at least UBI/1C will help third parties
complete the sim but what I see on the PF forum is not encouraging.

The last complete Pacific War sim was written for DOS yet UBI/1C seems to be
eager to abandon PF in favor of yet another European sim.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:47:34 -0500, "Joe" <mejoe100@NOSPAMcox.net>
wrote:

>The last complete Pacific War sim was written for DOS yet UBI/1C seems to be
>eager to abandon PF in favor of yet another European sim.

Well, they won't see a penny from me for BoB if they do.

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 05:39:14 -0600, "RxMan" <rxman@maps-cox.net> wrote:
>
>>You do get 3 landbased torpedo bombers though.
>>
>>HE-111, Il-2T, A-20
>>
>>Rx
>
> That's if you install PF over the top of IL-2/AEP, right? I install it
> standalone because I don't have AEP.

Correct.

Get IL2-FB Gold Pack. It includes IL2-FB and AEP. I saw it at EB Games for
$29.99 today, and I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:49:59 GMT, "James Calivar"
<amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Get IL2-FB Gold Pack. It includes IL2-FB and AEP. I saw it at EB Games for
>$29.99 today, and I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that.

Yea, but I already have IL-FB, it's just that my local store never got
AEP in, just the Gold pack. I'm not buying the game again just for AEP
and using those planes in the Pacific Theater is ahistorical so I
don't really want to do it that way to get torpedo bombers anyway. I
want the PF's torpedo bombers that were promised to us in a patch.

"Joe" <mejoe100@NOSPAMcox.net> wrote in message
>I still hold a slim hope that the coming patch will take care of these (and
>other) rather glaring ommissions, or at least UBI/1C will help third
>parties complete the sim but what I see on the PF forum is not encouraging.

It won't happen. Sorry...(not that I'm not pissed too - it's a weak
decision on Oleg's part).

> The last complete Pacific War sim was written for DOS yet UBI/1C seems to
> be eager to abandon PF in favor of yet another European sim.

I agree. Yay - a Battle Of Britain sim! I haven't seen one of those in SO
LONG!!

If Oleg really wanted to do something unique he'd write a Korean conflict
sim - from the Russian perspective, of course...

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:49:59 GMT, "James Calivar"
> <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>

> >Get IL2-FB Gold Pack. It includes IL2-FB and AEP. I saw it at EB Games
for
> >$29.99 today, and I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that.
> >

> Yea, but I already have IL-FB, it's just that my local store never got
> AEP in, just the Gold pack. I'm not buying the game again just for AEP

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00014WM9W/qid=1110471693/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-7925401-1925448?v=glance&s=software&n=507846

20 bucks.

> and using those planes in the Pacific Theater is ahistorical so I
> don't really want to do it that way to get torpedo bombers anyway. I
> want the PF's torpedo bombers that were promised to us in a patch.

It won't happen, I am sorry to say. You won't ever see true torpedo combers
in the Pacific unless they're decked out He111s.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:17:50 -0600, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Don't be too quick to blame Oleg and his gang, he doesn't have complete
>control over what Ubi does... and he does go above and beyond what a lot of
>game designers do these days... If I am not mistaken, he was not happy at
>all with the box art that was done for Pacific Fighters.

Haha...the double DVD box was the best thing about PF's.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:40:43 GMT, "James Calivar"
<amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>" We will never promise anything if it will not be included. Everything that
>we promised always eventually was included and a lot of things that we
>didn`t promise were included as well. This is the principle of the team that
>I am leading. "

Oleg speak with forked tongue.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:40:43 GMT, "James Calivar"
<amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>In light of this discussion - what do you make of this comment by Oleg?

I have to comment on this one too.

"The engine of IL-2 was designed in the same manner and it still have
at least 2 years in it, it`s very flexible"

Put a fork in it, it's done.

Connected,
You mention CFS2. Are there any third party add on airplanes for CFS2 that
will actually drop a torpedo? I thought I saw an Avenger for download for
CFS2 but maybe it was just pretty to look at and not a functional torpedo
launcher in the sim.

"Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
> p.s. I don't even want to play it without torpedoes. CFS2 pulled the
> same stunt. Back to 1942: PAW.

#! rnews 744
Newsgroups: rec.climbing
From: Mike Garrison <mike.garrison@boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Wimmen clymmerz (possibly contentious)
Sender: nntp@news.boeing.com (Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:09:41 GMT

ChrisSG wrote:

> Burning some time recently, I was flipping through Outside mag

There's your problem right there.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:05:47 GMT, "Ken Morano"
<kenneth.c.morano@nosplamolaboeing.com> wrote:

>Connected,
>You mention CFS2. Are there any third party add on airplanes for CFS2 that
>will actually drop a torpedo? I thought I saw an Avenger for download for
>CFS2 but maybe it was just pretty to look at and not a functional torpedo
>launcher in the sim.

I've never seen one with usable torps. If there is one you will find
it here.
http://www.netwings.org/