Lunar Lander Simulator

I remember reading about a lunar lander simulator few years back.

Was it a model file you get for Microsoft Flight Simulator or are there some
good stand alone lunar module sims out there?

I am looking for one that is supports 3D axis control and motion, and
preferably has graphics which display views from inside the cockpit looking
out (with instrumentation).

TIA!

JoshIII
joshjj on Warbirds2004 (Hear the boom? You're lit like the Moon!)

There's one called something like 'Eagle Lander 3D', which I think is
payware, and there's also NASSP for Orbiter:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nassp/

which is free. Most of the work there so far has gone into simulating
the Saturn V and CSM rather than the LEM, though.

Mark

There was a game called "Apollo 18" years ago, but I never tried it.
I'd look on the underdogs website for a review (and maybe a download).
There was also a microsoft game - "Space Simulator" which I got around
'94, but couldn't really get into (school, marriage) which came with
Apollo. You could probably get it on E*Bay for cheap.

In article <398l40F5p6pj9U1@individual.net>,
JoshIII <josh3iREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I remember reading about a lunar lander simulator few years back.

xlander(6) immidiately springs to mind, though you'll propably
not be satisfied with it. See it's a lot older than "few years". I'm
sure someone ported or cloned it to Windows platform too... i don't
know which operating system you run, i'm just assuming.

And every n3rd ought to know Atari's Lunar Lander arcade too. Runs on
MAME[0], i'm sure.

[0] an arcade machine emulator, at http://www.mame.net

> JoshIII

..mace --- m,fdg