IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters - Tell me it ain't King!!!

wow, that was awesome, what sim is that from? PF
"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well worth the download!!
> These guys did an awesome job...
>
> http://www.thebattlefieldconnection.com/Downloads/Comewithme.avi
>

> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Yes, that was done from Pacific Fighters.

--

mjones53 wrote:
> wow, that was awesome, what sim is that from? PF
> "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Well worth the download!!
>> These guys did an awesome job...
>>
>> http://www.thebattlefieldconnection.com/Downloads/Comewithme.avi
>>

>> --
>> Don Burnette
>>
>> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of
>> the way of the man that's doing it."

gus

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003

THAT was a good video!

Thanks

In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:

> Well worth the download!!

Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.

Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly. Lomac
has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings kept
me entertained for a while.

Andrew McP

"Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
> d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
>
> > Well worth the download!!
>
> Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
> multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
> out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
> Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
>
> Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly. Lomac
> has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings kept
> me entertained for a while.
>
> Andrew McP

LOMAC does have really pretty ground textures, doesn't it? I wish that we
could get that kind of detail into IL2-FB. IL2 seems very sparse sometimes.

James Calivar wrote:
> "Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in
> message
>> In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
>> d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
>>
>>> Well worth the download!!
>>
>> Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
>> multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't
>> work out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high
>> quality! Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
>>
>> Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly.
>> Lomac has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier
>> landings kept me entertained for a while.
>>
>> Andrew McP
>
> LOMAC does have really pretty ground textures, doesn't it? I wish
> that we could get that kind of detail into IL2-FB. IL2 seems very
> sparse sometimes.

I am going to have to pick up Lomac - auggh!!

Not enough time in the day or night - damn, I need to retire.

I am on vacation this week, so much I want to do :

Plus, have started my vacation wtih a serious flu bug.

Install MSFS 2004 - done
Install XP Pro 64 RC2 - done
Install Falcon4-FF3.3 - not
Install CFS3-Firepower - not
Feed the cows - not
slop the hogs - not
gather the eggs - not
wash the car - not

aughh!!!!

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

Gonzo

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> "Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
>> d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
>>
>> > Well worth the download!!
>>
>> Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
>> multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
>> out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
>> Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
>>
>> Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly.
>> Lomac
>> has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings
>> kept
>> me entertained for a while.
>>
>> Andrew McP
>
> LOMAC does have really pretty ground textures, doesn't it? I wish that we
> could get that kind of detail into IL2-FB. IL2 seems very sparse
> sometimes.

Yes but LOMAC is a dog. IL2 runs even on a low end machine. Perhaps that
is the reason.

Gonzo

"Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
> d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
>
>> Well worth the download!!
>
> Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
> multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
> out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
> Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
>
> Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly. Lomac
> has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings kept
> me entertained for a while.
>
> Andrew McP

Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing sacred
anymore?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
> classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing
> sacred anymore?

Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla

Gonzo

"ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote in message
>> Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
>> classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing
>> sacred anymore?
>
> Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla

Oh the humanity! Say it isn't so?

This is like the Beatles doing a Geico commercial.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:52:08 +0100, "ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote:

>Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla

Yea, well, it's all about the money.

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Whats Geico? No don't bother responding.

"Gonzo" <r_murphree@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote in message
>>> Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
>>> classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing
>>> sacred anymore?
>>
>> Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla
>
> Oh the humanity! Say it isn't so?
>
> This is like the Beatles doing a Geico commercial.

jp

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well worth the download!!
> These guys did an awesome job...
>
> http://www.thebattlefieldconnection.com/Downloads/Comewithme.avi
>

> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Nice film. Would have preferred seeing a few more Japs shot down though
<g>

On a related note, currently reading a very good book on the actual air
war in the South Pacific. "Fire In The Sky". I've read other works by the
author; he's one of the best imo.

jp

> "Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
> > d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
> >
> >> Well worth the download!!
> >
> > Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
> > multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
> > out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
> > Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
> >
> > Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly.
Lomac
> > has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings
kept
> > me entertained for a while.
> >
> > Andrew McP
>
> Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
> classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing
sacred
> anymore?

No kidding. They should have used the original. But then, they probably
never heard of them <g>

Gonzo

Geico Insurance Company with the cheezy TV adds. Well you asked.

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Whats Geico? No don't bother responding.
>
> "Gonzo" <r_murphree@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "ROB" <robrog@poczta.fm> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla
>>
>> Oh the humanity! Say it isn't so?
>>
>> This is like the Beatles doing a Geico commercial.

> Well worth the download!!
>These guys did an awesome job...
>
> http://www.thebattlefieldconnection.com/Downloads/Comewithme.avi

Rats. Can't watch it. For some reason WMP tries to connect instead
of IE downloading it and it gets stuck at "connecting".

-pw
remove astericks (*) from e-mail address
(use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net)

>"Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> In article <iaidnRXkVv92qavfRVn-2A@giganews.com>,
>> d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net (Don Burnette) wrote:
>>
>>> Well worth the download!!
>>
>> Agreed, great piece of work. Ok, there were a few too many very fast
>> multiple cuts in action sequences, but a great movie. What I can't work
>> out is how he got such a long movie under 50Mb with such high quality!
>> Maybe all that sea & sky helps compression.
>>
>> Actually all that sea & sky is what saw me shelve PF fairly quickly. Lomac
>> has spoiled me, I like trees too much :) Still, the carrier landings kept
>> me entertained for a while.
>>
>> Andrew McP
>
>Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
>classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing sacred
>anymore?

There must be some Japanese rap songs, no? I mean, I thought I was
watching a Pearl Harbor video on the History Channel or War Stories!
I think I saw only one Zero get shot down.

Gonzo wrote:

> Maybe I should look at it again since I just upgraded my PC. I really
> have
> more than my hands full with IL2 PF right now though. God I love IL2. It
> really is king.

Please dont misinterpret my feelings about the IL2 high altitude model and
my overall high praise of this title. I still LOVE PF and the trackIR has
made it into a whole "new ballgame". Id still like to be able to go to a
respectable altitude though.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Any Pacific based flight sim that doesnt feature torpedo bombers must
> surely be a joke! I might have bought the game if it featured these as I
> loved them from PAW but theres no way Im even thinking of getting this
> game until a patch is released with torpedos featured properly. Just what
> was the developers thinking when they kept this out of the final release?
> Nats

Your loss, my man. Seriously.

<snipped for brevity>
>Only thing that bothers me about the video is how some schmuck used a
>classic Led Zeppelin tune and turned it into a rap song. Is nothing sacred
>anymore?

Since you mentioned it...........

Zeppelin.......Cadillac..... is it just me, or is there just something
basically wrong with that?

`Course, I have heard Pink Floydd used as bumper music on the Weather
Channel.......

(sigh)

Villain

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>> Three schmucks invovled: Page, Daddy and Godzilla
>
> Oh the humanity! Say it isn't so?
>
> This is like the Beatles doing a Geico commercial.

This is still better than Sting making a cover of his own covered song.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Any Pacific based flight sim that doesnt feature torpedo bombers must
> surely be a joke! I might have bought the game if it featured these as I
> loved them from PAW but theres no way Im even thinking of getting this
> game until a patch is released with torpedos featured properly. Just what
> was the developers thinking when they kept this out of the final release?
> Nats

We all know that without a fully dynamic campaign there's not a chance in
hell of you ever buying PF Nats, so you needn't pretend otherwise.
Although I wish that the torpedo bombers had been included its not a
gamebreaker that they are not there.

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well worth the download!!
> These guys did an awesome job...
>
> http://www.thebattlefieldconnection.com/Downloads/Comewithme.avi
>

> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Linky no worky