V3 Bluetooth Pairing Question

Last response: in Brands
November 30, 2004 7:02:00 AM

Well I successfully paired a V3 to Windows using their canned software
wizard. Of couse it only provided FTP transfers but that seemed to
work fine for me.

Then I rebooted my machine and the PC lost the PIN paring code which I
let it supply and foolish me I forgot to write down. Ok it was my
mistake.

Does the V3 provide any means of discovering the PIN code or how do I
rePAIR?

Frankly both Microsoft and Motorola have useless implementations of
Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 7:27:34 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <nqrnq01kjgu6j4pjhvqghob6uksjhbkshu@4ax.com> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:02:00
GMT, V3 Bluetooth Question <V3Query@Somewhere.it> wrote:

>Well I successfully paired a V3 to Windows using their canned software
>wizard. Of couse it only provided FTP transfers but that seemed to
>work fine for me.
>
>Then I rebooted my machine and the PC lost the PIN paring code which I
>let it supply and foolish me I forgot to write down. Ok it was my
>mistake.
>
>Does the V3 provide any means of discovering the PIN code or how do I
>rePAIR?
>
>Frankly both Microsoft and Motorola have useless implementations of
>Bluetooth.

Microsoft Bluetooth works very well here. You may feel differently once you
learn how to use it. ;-) Just delete and then re-pair the V3.

November 30, 2004 6:15:43 PM

I'd welcome to "learn how to use it" for what one would assume should
be an intuitive, consistent and reliable interface. Along those lines
Microsoft has failed. It's not like Belkin is an off-brand. Yet it
sometimes finds the V3 and othertimes decides to fail with an error
closing down Explorer in the mild case or completely closes the entire
screen in the worst case.

Yes, I would love to "delete" the V3 in my bluetooth connections but
Microsoft in their infinite wisdom will not permit it with the options
provided on my system even though, as I've said, it does appear from
time-to-inconsistent-time.

I appreciate your response but from my viewpoint I would also take
Motorola to task for not providing a means to "unpair" or a secure
method of noting the Pairing Code. Of course that might be to much to
expect for such an expensive product with such an useless manual!
Perhaps, just perhaps, of little less spent on advertising and
Executive salaries might be better spend on development.

>Microsoft Bluetooth works very well here. You may feel differently once you
>learn how to use it. ;-) Just delete and then re-pair the V3.
November 30, 2004 6:34:28 PM

I'm not sure how Motorola's executive salaries relate to unpairing the
Bluetooth connection but I've had no trouble with mine. If anybody should be
taken to task it's probably BVRP for inefficient software. How much are the
executive salaries and how are they out of line with industry standards? How
much of a change in those salaries do you recommend be retasked to software
and manual development? With those changes might Motorola lose some of the
very people who could best make the improvements?
BTW, no, I'm not a Motorola executive.

"V3 Bluetooth Question" <V3Query@Somewhere.it> wrote in message
> I'd welcome to "learn how to use it" for what one would assume should
> be an intuitive, consistent and reliable interface. Along those lines
> Microsoft has failed. It's not like Belkin is an off-brand. Yet it
> sometimes finds the V3 and othertimes decides to fail with an error
> closing down Explorer in the mild case or completely closes the entire
> screen in the worst case.
>
> Yes, I would love to "delete" the V3 in my bluetooth connections but
> Microsoft in their infinite wisdom will not permit it with the options
> provided on my system even though, as I've said, it does appear from
> time-to-inconsistent-time.
>
> I appreciate your response but from my viewpoint I would also take
> Motorola to task for not providing a means to "unpair" or a secure
> method of noting the Pairing Code. Of course that might be to much to
> expect for such an expensive product with such an useless manual!
> Perhaps, just perhaps, of little less spent on advertising and
> Executive salaries might be better spend on development.
>

>>Microsoft Bluetooth works very well here. You may feel differently once
>>you
>>learn how to use it. ;-) Just delete and then re-pair the V3.

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 8:07:08 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <sg2pq0lmrjp4fc9gmp6dt4oamlla05jvkt@4ax.com> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:15:43
GMT, V3 Bluetooth Question <V3Query@Somewhere.it> wrote:

>I'd welcome to "learn how to use it" for what one would assume should
>be an intuitive, consistent and reliable interface. Along those lines
>Microsoft has failed.

Not really:

Start -> Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices
Devices tab -> Phone and modems -> [select your device] -> Remove
[It will appear if it has been paired, even if turned off]
Click Add to re-pair

>It's not like Belkin is an off-brand.

Belkin is a "cheapie" brand.

>Yet it
>sometimes finds the V3 and othertimes decides to fail with an error
>closing down Explorer in the mild case or completely closes the entire
>screen in the worst case.

It's never failed or crashed for me. You've probably got some sort of serious
hardware and/or software problem.

>Yes, I would love to "delete" the V3 in my bluetooth connections but
>Microsoft in their infinite wisdom will not permit it with the options
>provided on my system even though, as I've said, it does appear from
>time-to-inconsistent-time.
>
>I appreciate your response but from my viewpoint I would also take
>Motorola to task for not providing a means to "unpair" or a secure
>method of noting the Pairing Code. Of course that might be to much to
>expect for such an expensive product with such an useless manual!
>Perhaps, just perhaps, of little less spent on advertising and
>Executive salaries might be better spend on development.

Feel better now?

>>Microsoft Bluetooth works very well here. You may feel differently once you
>>learn how to use it. ;-) Just delete and then re-pair the V3.

December 1, 2004 2:44:11 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:15:43 GMT, V3 Bluetooth Question
<V3Query@Somewhere.it> wrote:

>I appreciate your response but from my viewpoint I would also take
>Motorola to task for not providing a means to "unpair"

Settings-Connection-Bluetooth Link-Device History

Highlight the device you wish to unpair, press menu button and select
"delete".

> or a secure method of noting the Pairing Code.

No BT phone I have owned allows this.

Al
--
[This space intentionally left blank]