Silent Hunter III Trailer

Sweeeet... !!!

Didn't some of you guys pre-order this? Anyone receive it yet?

I think this is going to be a must have for me...

My apologies if y'all have already seen this trailer.

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_E3DemoClip1.zip

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
of the man that's doing it."

jp

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sweeeet... !!!
>
> Didn't some of you guys pre-order this? Anyone receive it yet?
>
> I think this is going to be a must have for me...
>
> My apologies if y'all have already seen this trailer.
>

> ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_E3DemoClip1.zip
>
> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Fwiw. Not my post originally <g>

"1) Nvidea graphics card users. Graphical bug with particle system that will
seriously damage enjoyment of game. Still playable but not good. ATI OK so
far. UBI say NVIDEA to blame even though every other particle system on
every other game OK. Half arsed botch fix in works by developers. When ?
Unknown.

2) Game uses StarForce protection. If you are running any software the
emulates DVD drives etc. then you may have problems.

3) People with Pioneer DVD drives appear to be having problems installing
game. Problems reported with 106 and 109 drives. Reports are installer
freezes and machine re-boots.

These are simple facts as reported in multiple forums. "

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sweeeet... !!!
>
> Didn't some of you guys pre-order this? Anyone receive it yet?
>
> I think this is going to be a must have for me...
>
> My apologies if y'all have already seen this trailer.
>

> ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_E3DemoClip1.zip
>
> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

I picked up a copy today and hopefully will get a chance this evening to try
it out!

If you look at the forums on the silent hunter website you will find that
the americans and french already have it! Just us in the Uk waiting as
usual. The game looks superb but there are a few things left out from what
Ive heard from the developers, to be fixed in a patch or an future addon:

Milkcows are not present at the moment so no refueling at sea
There is no port traffic and no mines or sub nets presently - but plenty of
air and sea patrols to ward you off.
There are no wolfpacks or other subs - this is a big shame and will require
a load of work so possibly in a future addon? Many have pointed out that
this is central to U boat actions so its a great shame its been left out but
you can understand why - it would require major AI routines to program AI
subs etc.

Still the game looks superb and has plenty to do including a dynamic
campaign with roving patrols and trader routes! In fact it surely must be
the first sim of any kind to have come out with a dynamic campaign of any
kind it god knows how many years. So yes its a definitely must have!

Nats

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sweeeet... !!!
>
> Didn't some of you guys pre-order this? Anyone receive it yet?
>
> I think this is going to be a must have for me...
>
> My apologies if y'all have already seen this trailer.
>

> ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_E3DemoClip1.zip
>
> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Allrighty then, I will get this puppy on order!!

I love subs, and have never had a really good sub sim .

Well, that's not entirely true, I have Janes 688I, but that one was a little
too complex for me at the time...

Thanks,

Don

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> If you look at the forums on the silent hunter website you will find that
> the americans and french already have it! Just us in the Uk waiting as
> usual.

And THAT'S what you get for the GTR release!!

> The game looks superb but there are a few things left out from what
> Ive heard from the developers, to be fixed in a patch or an future addon:
>
> Milkcows are not present at the moment so no refueling at sea
> There is no port traffic and no mines or sub nets presently - but plenty
of
> air and sea patrols to ward you off.
> There are no wolfpacks or other subs - this is a big shame and will
require
> a load of work so possibly in a future addon? Many have pointed out that
> this is central to U boat actions so its a great shame its been left out
but
> you can understand why - it would require major AI routines to program AI
> subs etc.
>
> Still the game looks superb and has plenty to do including a dynamic
> campaign with roving patrols and trader routes! In fact it surely must be
> the first sim of any kind to have come out with a dynamic campaign of any
> kind it god knows how many years. So yes its a definitely must have!
>
> Nats

Full realism U boat sim - and here I thought Pacific Fighters had long
periods of inaction between battles... :)

> Allrighty then, I will get this puppy on order!!

www.play.com have it in stock, at £17.99. (No P+P or tax added, usually
arrive within 3 days.)

Si

jp

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sweeeet... !!!
>
> Didn't some of you guys pre-order this? Anyone receive it yet?
>
> I think this is going to be a must have for me...
>
> My apologies if y'all have already seen this trailer.
>

> ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/sh3/videos/SH3_E3DemoClip1.zip
>
> --
> Don Burnette
>
> "When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the way
> of the man that's doing it."

Btw, if you didn't already know about this link, here it is <g>

www.subsim.com

I was reading about the wolfpack issue earlier today on the Subsim
forum and there was a discussion that the wolf packs are implemented
but the use of it is limited to certain contidions and more importantly
historical time periods.

In article <d1a3qb$fog$1$830fa795@news.demon.co.uk>, Simon Robbins
<simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> writes

>"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Allrighty then, I will get this puppy on order!!
>
>www.play.com have it in stock, at £17.99. (No P+P or tax added, usually
>arrive within 3 days.)

Yep, my copy is on it's way form them, should arrive today (hopefully)
or tomorrow.
--
Sean Black

Sean Black wrote:

> In article <d1a3qb$fog$1$830fa795@news.demon.co.uk>, Simon Robbins
> <simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> writes
>>
>>"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Allrighty then, I will get this puppy on order!!
>>
>>www.play.com have it in stock, at £17.99. (No P+P or tax added, usually
>>arrive within 3 days.)
>>
> Yep, my copy is on it's way form them, should arrive today (hopefully)
> or tomorrow.

I picked up a copy yesterday and after a really LATE night I can say it was
well worth the $43.

I havent done a lot with it yet but my initial experience has been very
positive and Im looking forward to the dynamic campaign.

Anyone know how to reverse the Y axis on the mouse?

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE 3.3.2a