Motorola V400 Data Cable Question

Hi, I was looking for a data cable and see that on the Motorola
website, for the cable and the Phonetools software, it is about $70 or
something. I found a genaric package on another site, but this is all
it says "Motorola-Compatible V300 USB Data Cable with Driver CD
Compatible with Model: V300/V400/V500/V525/V600"

does that "Driver CD" have the same tools that the PhoneTools? or is
it pretty usless?
Also, if i were to just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on there from
the computer?
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about motorola v400 data cable question

    The Mobile Phone Tools software can be downloaded free from a Spanish site
    that's been discussed here many times. I don't have the URL with me right
    now but maybe someone else here remembers it.
    Also, The Data Pilot software is very good too.

    "Jay" <teemuflash@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I was looking for a data cable and see that on the Motorola
    > website, for the cable and the Phonetools software, it is about $70 or
    > something. I found a genaric package on another site, but this is all
    > it says "Motorola-Compatible V300 USB Data Cable with Driver CD
    > Compatible with Model: V300/V400/V500/V525/V600"
    >
    > does that "Driver CD" have the same tools that the PhoneTools? or is
    > it pretty usless?
    > Also, if i were to just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
    > software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on there from
    > the computer?
    > Thanks

    Hi, I am looking for a data cable for my V300 GSM Phone.
    Also,if I just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
    software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on
    there from the computer?

    You'll need software. Mobile Phone Tools and Data Pilot are good programs. I
    prefer Data Pilot (www.datapilot.com) and they can also furnish a cable. You
    can also find the cables really cheap on ebay.

    "Bigeneral" <bigeneral@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am looking for a data cable for my V300 GSM Phone.
    > Also,if I just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
    > software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on
    > there from the computer?

    I bought the cable and MPT on ebay for around 24$. Upgrade to the current
    version is free

    Rex

    "Bruce Robin" <bruce@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    > You'll need software. Mobile Phone Tools and Data Pilot are good programs.
    > prefer Data Pilot (www.datapilot.com) and they can also furnish a cable.
    You
    > can also find the cables really cheap on ebay.
    >
    > "Bigeneral" <bigeneral@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I am looking for a data cable for my V300 GSM Phone.
    > > Also,if I just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
    > > software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on
    > > there from the computer?

Motorola Cable