Motorola V400 Data Cable Question

Last response: in Brands
Share
December 1, 2004 11:37:32 AM

Hi, I was looking for a data cable and see that on the Motorola
website, for the cable and the Phonetools software, it is about $70 or
something. I found a genaric package on another site, but this is all
it says "Motorola-Compatible V300 USB Data Cable with Driver CD
Compatible with Model: V300/V400/V500/V525/V600"

does that "Driver CD" have the same tools that the PhoneTools? or is
it pretty usless?
Also, if i were to just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on there from
the computer?
Thanks
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 8:20:59 PM

The Mobile Phone Tools software can be downloaded free from a Spanish site
that's been discussed here many times. I don't have the URL with me right
now but maybe someone else here remembers it.
Also, The Data Pilot software is very good too.

"Jay" <teemuflash@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I was looking for a data cable and see that on the Motorola
> website, for the cable and the Phonetools software, it is about $70 or
> something. I found a genaric package on another site, but this is all
> it says "Motorola-Compatible V300 USB Data Cable with Driver CD
> Compatible with Model: V300/V400/V500/V525/V600"
>
> does that "Driver CD" have the same tools that the PhoneTools? or is
> it pretty usless?
> Also, if i were to just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
> software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on there from
> the computer?
> Thanks
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:56:54 AM

Hi, I am looking for a data cable for my V300 GSM Phone.
Also,if I just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on
there from the computer?
December 2, 2004 6:56:21 PM

You'll need software. Mobile Phone Tools and Data Pilot are good programs. I
prefer Data Pilot (www.datapilot.com) and they can also furnish a cable. You
can also find the cables really cheap on ebay.

"Bigeneral" <bigeneral@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o kptq0d5rff29gkeo5mijejienhupu4c7q@4ax.com...
> Hi, I am looking for a data cable for my V300 GSM Phone.
> Also,if I just buy a cable, would i be able to download any
> software tools to be able to put ring tones and things on
> there from the computer?

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 11:18:22 PM

I bought the cable and MPT on ebay for around 24$. Upgrade to the current
version is free

Rex

!