Download Mobile PhoneTools for Bluetooth??

Last response: in Brands
December 1, 2004 5:02:22 PM

Does anyone know if the Mobile PhoneTools download will work with
Bluetooth? It says you need a USB cable.

http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProd...

-- John
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 1:19:47 AM

Yes, MPT does work with BT. I've done it with both a v600 and a v3.

"John Davison" <jdaviso1@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the Mobile PhoneTools download will work with
> Bluetooth? It says you need a USB cable.
>
> http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProd...
>
> -- John
December 2, 2004 9:34:19 PM

What's tha chances of "borrowing" your Motorola Phone Tools to try against a
V620? :) ) Purely in the interests of science, of course.

Regards
Steve

"Bruce Robin" <bruce@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> Yes, MPT does work with BT. I've done it with both a v600 and a v3.
>
> "John Davison" <jdaviso1@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if the Mobile PhoneTools download will work with
>> Bluetooth? It says you need a USB cable.
>>
>> http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProd...
>>
>> -- John

December 2, 2004 10:45:20 PM

Do you also shoplift, or only steal software over the Internet?

In <conn7b$hml$1@hercules.btinternet.com> on Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:34:19 +0000
(UTC), "Sooty" <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>What's tha chances of "borrowing" your Motorola Phone Tools to try against a
>V620? :) ) Purely in the interests of science, of course.

>"Bruce Robin" <bruce@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, MPT does work with BT. I've done it with both a v600 and a v3.
>>
>> "John Davison" <jdaviso1@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know if the Mobile PhoneTools download will work with
>>> Bluetooth? It says you need a USB cable.
>>> http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProd...

December 3, 2004 2:38:18 AM

That would be illegal and a violation of the software license. But if you
went to http://forum.tweakzone.nl/topic/32415 which is a public forum that
anybody can find on Google, then you can do anything you like, at your own
risk, with the downloads they have posted. You have to install version 1.xx
before installing 2.xx which will auto update to 3.xx.

"Sooty" <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> What's tha chances of "borrowing" your Motorola Phone Tools to try against
> a V620? :) ) Purely in the interests of science, of course.
>
> Regards
> Steve
>
> "Bruce Robin" <bruce@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, MPT does work with BT. I've done it with both a v600 and a v3.
>>
>> "John Davison" <jdaviso1@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone know if the Mobile PhoneTools download will work with
>>> Bluetooth? It says you need a USB cable.
>>>
>>> http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/PlatformProd...
>>>
>>> -- John

December 3, 2004 2:44:38 AM

Well, it's better than paying for something before you get it only to find
that it doesn't do what it says on the tin and then spending ages trying to
get your money back whilst the vendor is collecting interest on your money.

So much is made of marketing promises these days so I have learned to "try
before I buy". If it works then I pay for it.

Satisfied?

> Do you also shoplift, or only steal software over the Internet?
>
> In <conn7b$hml$1@hercules.btinternet.com> on Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:34:19
> +0000
> (UTC), "Sooty" <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>What's tha chances of "borrowing" your Motorola Phone Tools to try against
>>V620? :) ) Purely in the interests of science, of course.
>
>>"Bruce Robin" <bruce@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes, MPT does work with BT. I've done it with both a v600 and a v3.
>>>
>>> "John Davison" <jdaviso1@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 6:48:54 AM

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:44:38 +0000 (UTC), "Sooty"
<steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> said in alt.cellular.motorola:

>Well, it's better than paying for something before you get it only to find
>that it doesn't do what it says on the tin and then spending ages trying to
>get your money back whilst the vendor is collecting interest on your money.

>So much is made of marketing promises these days so I have learned to "try
>before I buy". If it works then I pay for it.

>Satisfied?

So you try your food, clothing and other things before you buy? Or
you just rip off people who write software?
December 4, 2004 1:37:39 AM

You may buy your clothing on trust but I do not. I go to a shop and I try it
on first to check it fits and it is of good quality. I've no doubt you pay
your restaurant bill before you eat as well.

Incidently, tried the "Motorola" (BVRP really) Mobile Phone Tools Version
3.11 on the Motorola V620 and guess what???

Doesn't work. You can download phonebooks but you absolutely cannot transfer
files or get access to the Multimedia files and folders in the phone.

Will I buy the software? No. Will I erase the software? Absolutely. Good
job I tried it first, huh?

Regards all
Steve

"Al Klein" <rukbat@verizon.org> wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:44:38 +0000 (UTC), "Sooty"
> <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> said in alt.cellular.motorola:
>
> So you try your food, clothing and other things before you buy? Or
> you just rip off people who write software?
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 7:41:24 PM

If the vendor doesn provide a trial version, then you aren't entitled to "try"
it. Just as you aren't entitled to sneak in a "try" a car if the dealer won't
give you a test drive. If you don't like the policy, then give the software a
pass. Stealing it to "try" it doesn't wash.

In <coo9d6$cs1$1@hercules.btinternet.com> on Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:44:38 +0000
(UTC), "Sooty" <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Well, it's better than paying for something before you get it only to find
>that it doesn't do what it says on the tin and then spending ages trying to
>get your money back whilst the vendor is collecting interest on your money.
>
>So much is made of marketing promises these days so I have learned to "try
>before I buy". If it works then I pay for it.
>
>Satisfied?

>> Do you also shoplift, or only steal software over the Internet?

December 4, 2004 10:00:21 PM

I wonder to what extent BVRP or Motorola cares given that older versions of
the s/w are widely available for free d/l on the net and they have no
registration or other security process to limit upgrades to registered
users. In fact, the upgrade happens automatically when the older s/w is
installed.
Mind you, I'm not saying it's right to steal software, just that, in this
case, the vendor doesn't seem to care. As for "try before you buy" the
proper way is to buy it, try it and then return it if it's not as expected.
However, given the free online availability, it's understandable that one
would try it first. (For the record, my copy came bundled with my phone.)

> If the vendor doesn provide a trial version, then you aren't entitled to
> "try"
> it. Just as you aren't entitled to sneak in a "try" a car if the dealer
> won't
> give you a test drive. If you don't like the policy, then give the
> software a
> pass. Stealing it to "try" it doesn't wash.
>

> In <coo9d6$cs1$1@hercules.btinternet.com> on Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:44:38
> +0000
> (UTC), "Sooty" <steve.pollard@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Well, it's better than paying for something before you get it only to find
>>that it doesn't do what it says on the tin and then spending ages trying
>>get your money back whilst the vendor is collecting interest on your
>>money.
>>
>>So much is made of marketing promises these days so I have learned to "try
>>before I buy". If it works then I pay for it.
>>
>>Satisfied?
>>
>>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Do you also shoplift, or only steal software over the Internet?

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 12:13:17 PM

Go here to download the version 2