Nokia 6230 Driver? Anyone?

May 22, 2004 6:21:20 AM

Hi all,

Got my new Nokia 6230 and while I can send items to it using
bluetooth from my T3, I can't make a connection for the other
functions like dialer and SMS. Pretty sure it's just the missing
driver but the phones have only just been released so I can't find
one. Anyone got a driver that works or any other suggestions on how
to get these functions up and running?

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Regards,

Wayne...

More about : nokia 6230 driver

Anonymous
May 23, 2004 8:12:19 PM

Wayne schrieb:

> Got my new Nokia 6230 and while I can send items to it using
> bluetooth from my T3, I can't make a connection for the other
> functions like dialer and SMS. Pretty sure it's just the missing
> driver but the phones have only just been released so I can't find
> one. Anyone got a driver that works or any other suggestions on how
> to get these functions up and running?

The combination Nokia 6230 and T3 can do an internet connection via
Bluetooth, for which you need a driver (there's a mobile configuration
on the nokia homepage - if not for the 6230 then choose the 6220 or
6310i). For the dialer and SMS you have to connect via Infrared and
there you don't need a special driver. That seems to be a bug with Nokia
phones, not with the T3...

Regards

Carmen
Anonymous
May 24, 2004 3:52:20 PM

"Wayne" <NoSpam@NoEmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Got my new Nokia 6230 and while I can send items to it using
> bluetooth from my T3, I can't make a connection for the other
> functions like dialer and SMS.

Then you are doing better than me at the moment! I have an m505 with a Palm
BT card. This happily does everything reliably with my previous 6310i
(dialup via CSD or GPRS, SMS, sending contacts, dialling numbers). But, I
can get nothing at all working over Bluetooth with the 6230. Everything is
fine via IR, but I can't get a working connection over BT. I just get a
"Unable to connect to phone" message on the Palm and "Bluetooth connection
failed" on the phone.

This is with the "Standard GSM" driver and the "Nokia 6310i" driver on the
palm. Both worked (and still work) with the 6310i. Neither work with the
6230.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.