Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do you need this to install Pacific Fighters over Il2FB ?
Where's the cheapest place to get this. Play are sold out.

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

1) No but I would highly recommend getting it
2) No idea

"Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> wrote in message
> Do you need this to install Pacific Fighters over Il2FB ?
> Where's the cheapest place to get this. Play are sold out.

"Richard" <deadeyedic30@deadeyedic30.plus.com> wrote in message
> Do you need this to install Pacific Fighters over Il2FB ?

You don't need IL2FB. You can install PF to it's own dir. However, if
you have FB, you can install it to the IL2FB dir. By installing it to the
IL2 FB dir, you get everything from the same menu. Fly all the planes in
FB & Pacific Fighters.

Oh, you can even do both. Install it once to it's own dir, and then
install it again in the FB dir.

What country are you in? If the US, try www.gogamers.com

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:19:44 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

>You don't need IL2FB. You can install PF to it's own dir. However, if
>you have FB, you can install it to the IL2FB dir. By installing it to the
>IL2 FB dir, you get everything from the same menu. Fly all the planes in
>FB & Pacific Fighters.
>
>Oh, you can even do both. Install it once to it's own dir, and then
>install it again in the FB dir.

You need IL2-FB and ACE expansion to install PF on top, not just FB.

$9.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239760.asp

"Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:19:44 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
>

> >You don't need IL2FB. You can install PF to it's own dir. However, if
> >you have FB, you can install it to the IL2FB dir. By installing it to
the
> >IL2 FB dir, you get everything from the same menu. Fly all the planes
in
> >FB & Pacific Fighters.
> >
> >Oh, you can even do both. Install it once to it's own dir, and then
> >install it again in the FB dir.
>
> You need IL2-FB and ACE expansion to install PF on top, not just FB.

Whoops! I forgot that part.

I hate getting older. ;)

http://www.simhq.com/_air3/air_109a.html

For those folks that already own Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion
Pack, Pacific Fighters can be installed in conjunction with the older games
to bring all the aircraft from Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion Pack
into the Pacific Fighters game. Essentially this makes Pacific Fighters an
expansion to the expansion to the Forgotten Battles game.

For those folks that don't have Forgotten Battles and the Aces Expansion
Pack, Pacific Fighters can be installed as a stand alone game. The stand
along version is a fully functional game with all the features of the
previous versions of the IL-2 series, but without the aircraft, campaigns or
maps of the initial series. One problem with this dual setup is the
incompatibility between IL-2:FB / AEP / PF and stand alone PF installations
in online play. Basically if you play online you need to make sure that the
people you play with are using the same kind of install of the game. Most
folks with IL-2:FB and AEP tend to install both versions of the game to
avoid any confusion.