Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Target reticle problem in CFS3 + Firepower

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:34:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

I've just installed CFS3 with Firepower expansion and have some problems
with the HUD-only view. It seems that the target reticle is not in the
center of the screen, and it is not where the bullets go. It seems to be
offset to the right by 2 cm. Obviously this is hugely irritating!

As this game has been around for a while I hope somebody could help with
this. I have searched Google and MS knowledge base for this problem but
no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Jacek
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:34:51 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:34:50 +0000, "jacek_skowronek@hotmail.com"
<jacek_skowronek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've just installed CFS3 with Firepower expansion and have some problems
>with the HUD-only view. It seems that the target reticle is not in the
>center of the screen, and it is not where the bullets go. It seems to be
>offset to the right by 2 cm. Obviously this is hugely irritating!
>
>As this game has been around for a while I hope somebody could help with
>this. I have searched Google and MS knowledge base for this problem but
>no luck.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jacek

Did you install the official patches before Firepower?
March 22, 2005 1:17:42 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

> I've just installed CFS3 with Firepower expansion and have some
> problems with the HUD-only view. It seems that the target reticle is
> not in the center of the screen, and it is not where the bullets go.
> It seems to be offset to the right by 2 cm. Obviously this is hugely
> irritating!
>
> As this game has been around for a while I hope somebody could help
> with this. I have searched Google and MS knowledge base for this
> problem but no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jacek


Hit F6 (by default the pilot's view)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:00:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

Connected wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:34:50 +0000, "jacek_skowronek@hotmail.com"
> <jacek_skowronek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>I've just installed CFS3 with Firepower expansion and have some problems
>>with the HUD-only view. It seems that the target reticle is not in the
>>center of the screen, and it is not where the bullets go. It seems to be
>>offset to the right by 2 cm. Obviously this is hugely irritating!
>>
>>As this game has been around for a while I hope somebody could help with
>>this. I have searched Google and MS knowledge base for this problem but
>>no luck.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Jacek
>
>
> Did you install the official patches before Firepower?

I installed CFS3 out of the box and applied patch to version 3.1 before
Firepower. BTW F6 does not help either. The reticle problem is in HUD
only view (F3). Reticle is well-centered with the canopy on.

Jacek
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 11:00:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:00:50 +0000, Jacek Skowronek
<jacek_skowronek@hotmail.com> wrote:


>I installed CFS3 out of the box and applied patch to version 3.1 before
>Firepower. BTW F6 does not help either. The reticle problem is in HUD
>only view (F3). Reticle is well-centered with the canopy on.
>
>Jacek

I only ever fly it with cockpit view so don't know what else to
suggest. There was a bug before with gunners in bombers not being
ligned up in the reticule but that was fixed in the patch, but maybe
it wasn't fixed 100% and that is what you are seeing.
!