Another LOMAC movie from the man who keep saying no more b..

http://www.andrew.mcp.dsl.pipex.com/lomac.htm 45Mb

Just my quick attempt (ok, quick compared to my usual anal-retentive
standards) at making the Su-25 seem like an interesting ride. Maybe
it'll help generate a little interest in 1.1... if it's ever released ;-)

I'd still rather have an enhanced Flanker <pout> but the Su-25 beats the
A10 hands down for A2G speed and bang per buckle-up.

Andrew McP
12 answers Last reply
More about another lomac movie
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

    > http://www.andrew.mcp.dsl.pipex.com/lomac.htm 45Mb
    >
    > Just my quick attempt (ok, quick compared to my usual anal-retentive
    > standards) at making the Su-25 seem like an interesting ride. Maybe
    > it'll help generate a little interest in 1.1... if it's ever released ;-)
    >
    > I'd still rather have an enhanced Flanker <pout> but the Su-25 beats the
    > A10 hands down for A2G speed and bang per buckle-up.
    >
    > Andrew McP

    I'd rather have a dynamic campaign. Love the Flanker too, but after being
    told that the last two releases would have one, and then they don't, passing
    on Su-25 myself.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:58:07 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I'd rather have a dynamic campaign. Love the Flanker too, but after being
    >told that the last two releases would have one, and then they don't, passing
    >on Su-25 myself.

    Yea, really, who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    decent dynamic campaign system. I don't even play the game anymore
    because it is a snore.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:58:07 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    > > I'd rather have a dynamic campaign. Love the Flanker too, but after
    being
    > >told that the last two releases would have one, and then they don't,
    passing
    > >on Su-25 myself.
    > >

    > Yea, really, who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    > decent dynamic campaign system. I don't even play the game anymore
    > because it is a snore.

    Likewise. Sold mine after a couple weeks.

    Btw, very good movie Andrew, nice work.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    rob wrote:
    > "Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:58:07 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >> I'd rather have a dynamic campaign. Love the Flanker too, but
    after
    > >> being
    > >>told that the last two releases would have one, and then they
    don't,
    > >>passing
    > >>on Su-25 myself.
    > >>

    > > Yea, really, who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    > > decent dynamic campaign system. I don't even play the game anymore
    > > because it is a snore.
    >
    > LOMAC, a great sim but piss poor game without a soul.

    I find some of these comments humorous, considering the flame wars
    between falcon4 and LOMAC when it first came out.%^)
    Falcon is STILL buggy as hell, but I persist with my patch-dancing,
    still trying to get the "one" that does it for me. Although I never
    purchased LOMAC, the videos and screenshots have just been
    gorgeous.....I always wanted to ask if LOMAC has ATC and AWACS and
    radio comms? A very big part of the immersion for me with falcon4.
    Man.....if falcons plane models had the clarity and moving surfaces of
    LOMAC, I'd faint.......and some of the views I have seen in videos have
    been awesome. Anyone know if there is a "free" camera view in LOMAC? In
    falcon, the only way to examine a ground object is to fly-by it and
    look at it out the window! (Mighta quit flying EAW if it didn't have a
    free-camera view! And of course, EAW is in the same dilemma with IL2.
    One looks better, one flies better, one sounds better, etc.)
    So, the beauty and clean look of LOMAC, the campaign of F4, and?

    E-Man
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <pa9641pkbbrf7srkl060isvrgm04ahlo01@4ax.com>,
    connected@somewhere.here (Connected) wrote:

    > who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    > decent dynamic campaign system.

    We all know the 25T add-on isn't *really* a new plane, it's something
    which looks enough like a new plane to justify paying for a patch. And I'm
    ok with that, because it's not as if it's expensive to keep supporting the
    few people still working on flight sims.

    However some kind of dynamic elements to LOMAC gameplay are long, long
    overdue. Personally I don't think it'll ever happen, but hope's cheap and
    so's 1.1, so in the mean time I'll take the flight modelling improvements
    and keep looking forward to having a machine I can turn the LOMAC viewing
    distance up to full on. At current hardware development rates that might
    take almost as long as ED's dynamic gameplay!

    Andrew McP
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:16 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
    andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

    >We all know the 25T add-on isn't *really* a new plane, it's something
    >which looks enough like a new plane to justify paying for a patch. And I'm
    >ok with that, because it's not as if it's expensive to keep supporting the
    >few people still working on flight sims.
    >
    >However some kind of dynamic elements to LOMAC gameplay are long, long
    >overdue. Personally I don't think it'll ever happen, but hope's cheap and
    >so's 1.1, so in the mean time I'll take the flight modelling improvements
    >and keep looking forward to having a machine I can turn the LOMAC viewing
    >distance up to full on. At current hardware development rates that might
    >take almost as long as ED's dynamic gameplay!
    >
    >Andrew McP

    Well, each to their own but I won't be wasting my money on the patch -
    er, add-on.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <1111705567.873343.43050@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    ef29@drexel.edu () wrote:

    > I always wanted to ask if LOMAC has ATC and AWACS
    > and radio comms?

    Sadly there is nothing like the kind of immersive background chatter
    present in F4.

    > Anyone know if there is a "free" camera view in LOMAC?

    <CTRL><F11> frees up the camera from wherever you are at the time. You can
    put the camera wherever you want, which is where much of the cinematic
    potential came from. I'm sure this works in the demo, though I haven't
    checked it.

    > So, the beauty and clean look of LOMAC, the campaign of F4, and?

    Stop dreaming ;-)

    As I said, when I buy LOMAC 1.1 I'll be buying the hope of something
    better as much as the actual updated LOMAC code. It's such a shame so much
    past potential in so many sims has evaporated on the console-driven winds
    of loose change. Such is life.

    Andrew McP
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Connected" <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:58:07 -0600, "JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >> I'd rather have a dynamic campaign. Love the Flanker too, but after
    >> being
    >>told that the last two releases would have one, and then they don't,
    >>passing
    >>on Su-25 myself.
    >>

    > Yea, really, who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    > decent dynamic campaign system. I don't even play the game anymore
    > because it is a snore.

    LOMAC, a great sim but piss poor game without a soul.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Andrew MacPherson wrote:
    > connected@somewhere.here (Connected) wrote:
    >
    >>who needs another plane in LOMAC? What we need is a
    >>decent dynamic campaign system.
    >
    > We all know the 25T add-on isn't *really* a new plane, it's something
    > which looks enough like a new plane to justify paying for a patch. And I'm
    > ok with that, because it's not as if it's expensive to keep supporting the
    > few people still working on flight sims.

    I am OK with that too. The mind trick is to consider Lock-On as some
    kind of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 with added functionality to blow
    things up. Speaking of which, LockOn blows MSFS out of the water as far
    as my VFR needs are concerned: more realistic scenery, more believable
    (or should that be enjoyable) flight model...

    > However some kind of dynamic elements to LOMAC gameplay are long, long
    > overdue. Personally I don't think it'll ever happen, but hope's cheap and
    > so's 1.1, (...)

    It might never happen, but I get the impression that at least some kind
    of interface to a separate, external (campaign ?) engine is being
    programmed into LockOn. Have a look at

    http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=567&scr=default&lang=en

    and

    http://www.lua.org/about.html

    Of course I could be reading too much into this. The LUA interface could
    be too limited and would only allow to code things such as replay
    analysers or telemetry applications. Or maybe it was just implemented by
    the developers for debugging purposes. Or to confuse clueless usenet
    dwellers. :)

    BTW, nice movie (again), Andrew.

    Regards,
    Mr. Sylvestre
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    That was a great movie. Is there someplace I can find the oher one that was
    mentioned? Thanks
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <d21974$v7g$1@ikaria.belnet.be>, MrSylvestre@worldcompany.com
    (Mr. Sylvestre) wrote:

    > LockOn blows MSFS out of the water as far
    > as my VFR needs are concerned

    I loaded up FS2004 again recently and was reminded just how poor it looks.
    The clouds are great, but the landscape is dire. Still, the flexibility to
    enhance terrain on a global scale is very impressive. If only LOMAC had
    something similar.

    > I get the impression that at least some kind of interface
    > to a separate, external (campaign ?) engine is being programmed
    > into LockOn.

    I'm not sure how active the various projects are, but you have to admire
    the people making the effort. As for the lua stuff, it seems very
    impressive, but I have yet to see any examples of it being used to enhance
    the sim. No harm in hoping though.

    Andrew McP
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    In article <memo.20050324041752.512A@address_disguised.address_disguised>,
    andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

    > http://www.andrew.mcp.dsl.pipex.com/lomac.htm 45Mb

    Now tweaked to 38Mb to make room for a 10Mb version for those of you
    trapped in low-bandwidth land.

    Andrew McP

PC gaming Movies Games IBM Video Games