Richard2002

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2002
Problems with this beastie. I cannot write at more than 1.44MB/sec. In NERO (5.5.9.14) the recorder buffer bar pulses between 98% and 20% every second !!. I had no problem with My HP 12 CD writer.

Help !!!

dave4900

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Is it because i'm currently running my pioneer a104 in pio mode rather then dma mode. I've tried it in dma mode but have never been able to burn anything successfully with it. Any help would be appriciated it works fine at the moment never fails to burn, the only drawback is it takes like 1 hour 10 minutes to burn a dvdr. I am using the latest version of nero to burn with, i have also tried prassi and cdr win they all act exactly the same.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well if it runs ok in PIO mode but not DMA there must be some form of data corruption occuring between the controller and drive.

Usually this is cauzed by the IDE cable.
If errors are detected on bootup often windows will default the drive back to PIO mode, one of the main reasons why people complain of slow optical/hard drives.

Swap out the current cable and try another, even if its only a ata33 cable.

<b>Is that a Sidetracked Thread I see before me? - <i>William Shakespeare, Macbeth</i></b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>