Yes... Tornado again :-)

Just thought I should mention it: I managed to make Tornado run on my
machine under WinXP... using DosBox (dosbox.sourceforge.net).

My life is complete again :)

Juergen Nieveler
--
famous last words: .....this IS the bugfix!!!!?

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:14:29 +0000 (UTC), Juergen Nieveler wrote:

>Just thought I should mention it: I managed to make Tornado run on my
>machine under WinXP... using DosBox (dosbox.sourceforge.net).
>
>My life is complete again :)
>
>Juergen Nieveler

What can I say but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH! <g>.

Now we'll have another dreaded T-word thread again. OOOh... the
*pain*!

Did all the sound(s) work? Did the cannons work? Did you have to run
any fancy command line stuff to set up memory etc.?

Don't ask me why, but I still have the full box, disks, and manuals
.... after all these years of doing the F4 dance.

Adamski.

Andrew (McP) ... are *you* listening to this thread? <hehe>. Nice
movie, BTW :)

jp

"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:14:29 +0000 (UTC), Juergen Nieveler wrote:
>
> >Just thought I should mention it: I managed to make Tornado run on my
> >machine under WinXP... using DosBox (dosbox.sourceforge.net).
> >
> >My life is complete again :)
> >
> >Juergen Nieveler
>
> What can I say but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH! <g>.
>
> Now we'll have another dreaded T-word thread again. OOOh... the
> *pain*!
>
> Did all the sound(s) work? Did the cannons work? Did you have to run
> any fancy command line stuff to set up memory etc.?
>
> Don't ask me why, but I still have the full box, disks, and manuals
> ... after all these years of doing the F4 dance.
>
> Adamski.
>
> Andrew (McP) ... are *you* listening to this thread? <hehe>. Nice
> movie, BTW :)

Yeah, I still have mine too. Won't work anymore though <g>

In article <oftb41hkbmh8mr0rk6v6fkagtdc7mnege2@4ax.com>, anon@nowhere.com
(Adamski) wrote:

> are *you* listening to this thread? <hehe>

I resent the implication that I might be. Of course not. I've completed my
12 step programme and am no longer allowed to even *sniff* a Tornado
thread.

Rumours that I've had a Tornado LOMAC movie in the pipeline (ok, stuck in
the pipeline) for about 12 months are entirely false.

FWIW I have one computer which runs Tornado perfectly well and another
which won't touch it with a bargepole. It may well be a luck of the draw
thing. Mind you, it's almost as ugly as Stocky's politics, so I don't
actually run it very often. The manual has a much higher resolution,
though not as high as my imagination's.

Andrew McP

PS My Tornado manual is still on my bedside table for use in emergencies.
That's sleeping emergencies, not when I can't find any jiggly bits on the
telly. I prefer to count JP.233 bomblets instead of sheep.

Adamski <anon@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Did all the sound(s) work?

Yes, including the intro music. The software emulates a Soundblaster16

> Did the cannons work?

Yes

> Did you have to run any fancy command line stuff to set up memory etc.?

There's a GUI frontend to take care of that, thankfully. Well, actually
several ones, but I used this one:
http://members.home.nl/mabus/dfend.htm

> Don't ask me why, but I still have the full box, disks, and manuals
> ... after all these years of doing the F4 dance.

Me too, but once I got a CD version cheap that included the Desert
Storm extension. Much easier to install, too :)

Juergen Nieveler
--
Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

"Juergen Nieveler" <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
> Just thought I should mention it: I managed to make Tornado run on my
> machine under WinXP... using DosBox (dosbox.sourceforge.net).

I currently have it installed myself, Win XP with dosbox.