Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Where the heck is my Realtek HD audio manager?

Last response: in Windows 7
May 14, 2012 5:30:33 PM

It's not in my control panel, I've reinstalled drivers 3 times from 3 different places, I looked in the Realtek folder for an exe that I'm pretty sure is called RAVCpl64 and found nothing. I found the aforementioned exe in my driverstore folder, but when I run it NOTHING HAPPENS!

Help, please.

I forgot to mention I'm running Win7x64, and am using a custom built PC with an Asus M4A77TD board.
May 14, 2012 5:42:33 PM

It should be in system tray. Try uninstall it successfully, then install it again. Installation is corrupted.
m
l
May 14, 2012 5:48:43 PM

mubin said:
It should be in system tray. Try uninstall it successfully, then install it again. Installation is corrupted.

It's not in there, and it's not in the list of programs when I go uninstall a program from the control panel.
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2012 6:10:38 PM

Dont you see any uninstall option when try to install driver? Use 3rd party driver uninstaller and use ccleaner soft to clean your windows drive.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:25:03 PM

mubin said:
Dont you see any uninstall option when try to install driver? Use 3rd party driver uninstaller and use ccleaner soft to clean your windows drive.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Nevermind, I found it. Let's see how this works.
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:46:22 PM

Nope, still nothing.
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:47:23 PM

Wish you good luck. :) 
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:55:56 PM

HolyFlanders said:
Nope, still nothing.

Dont you use ccleaner or any disk cleaning operation?
m
l
May 14, 2012 6:58:28 PM

Make sure onboard audio is turned on in your bios. If it is not activated, the realtek software often doesn't load.
m
l
May 14, 2012 7:01:09 PM

Strangely the same thing happened to my system last night, after running combofix and rebooting. I checked Realteck folder, which was still there, and msconfig confirmed that Realtek HD Audio Manager is arranged to start on boot. Then I simply rebooted the system again, and it came back alive.

I suggest you to open msconfig, and see if Realtek HD Audio Manager is listed on boot. If it is, toggle it on and reboot. If not, go to Asus homepage and download the driver and install again.
m
l
May 14, 2012 7:33:01 PM

thrakazog said:
Make sure onboard audio is turned on in your bios. If it is not activated, the realtek software often doesn't load.

Audio is not turn off in biso. If off then he cant install driver.
m
l
May 14, 2012 7:35:23 PM

Well apparently all the Realtek drivers on Asus' website are gone and there is this thing called "VIA" instead. I installed that, restarted, and now there is a shortcut on my desktop that's called HD VDeck, which looks like their version of the Rt HD Audio control panel, I think.

Yay?

I'll see if I can get this to do what I want.
m
l

Best solution

May 14, 2012 7:46:09 PM

Look like you install wrong driver. your audio chip is VIA and you need via audio driver.
May 14, 2012 7:48:05 PM

The thing is, it was realtek before, which is weird.

Oh well, now I just gotta figure this thing thing out, thanks for the help everyone.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2012 7:52:29 PM

look in the control panel.
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:00:04 PM

Anonymous said:
look in the control panel.

Well if you read the OP, you would know that it isn't there.

I figured out the problem already, though, now how do I close this?
m
l
May 14, 2012 9:01:12 PM

Best answer selected by HolyFlanders.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2012 9:10:20 PM

HolyFlanders said:
Well if you read the OP, you would know that it isn't there.

I figured out the problem already, though, now how do I close this?

what are you asking me for? i obviously don't read :lol: 
sorry about that and glad you got it figured.
pm a mod but they'll close it after a minute.
m
l
January 20, 2014 7:23:48 AM

>.> how did you fix it? im having same issue ive tried 10 different downloads x.x nothing in the folders opens anything and its not in my control panel either. i tried opening RAVCpl64.exe cause others said it opens for them by clicking that it doesnt for me x.x idk how to get it to show in my control panel again and all my downloads dont open anything so i have no clue right now i accidentally uninstalled realtek thinking it was something else >.>
m
l
April 9, 2014 10:21:16 PM

I finally found this. I went into the realtek folder in program files and opened the largest size file and it opened the audio manager. once there youll see a small folder icon in the top left corner just underneath "device advanced settings" click that and it gives the disable front panel detection option. everything works fine now filename was RAVcpl64 theres also an earlier version labeled RtkNGUI64
m
l
July 8, 2014 3:54:52 AM

HolyFlanders said:
It's not in my control panel, I've reinstalled drivers 3 times from 3 different places, I looked in the Realtek folder for an exe that I'm pretty sure is called RAVCpl64 and found nothing. I found the aforementioned exe in my driverstore folder, but when I run it NOTHING HAPPENS!

Help, please.

I forgot to mention I'm running Win7x64, and am using a custom built PC with an Asus M4A77TD board.

Same thing with me,but if I uninstall it ,go to device manager - system devices deactivate and unnistall microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio, and reinstall the driver it works. But if I shutdown\hibernate it doesn't works again...
Using WinXPx86 sp3
(Pc?: Packard Bell Easy Note Te11bz)
Help!:( 
m
l
!