Sign in with
Your question

Instant wireless pci card v2.7 Linksys

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 3, 2012 9:31:26 PM

HELP! I have a Linksys instant wireless pci card v2.7
All of a sudden I have lost connection with my router that is downstairs. The computer says it is connected to the network, signal is excellent, etc., but when I try to get on internet explorer, no luck. Same with Google Chrome. HELP. Linksys passed me off to some other outfit that wanted $70 to come up with a solution!
Is it the driver? And if so, where to get a driver upgrade?

And if I upgrade to Windows 7 do I need a different PCI card??
a c 79 F Wireless
October 4, 2012 6:25:41 AM

does you computer get an IP from the router?

can you PING the router?
m
l
October 4, 2012 1:23:06 PM

I know so little about this, so it is hard to answer some questions. I think it did in the beginning. When I called Time Warner, I think they pinged the modem. Not sure about
the router from Linksys. I have tried unplugging everything. I have gone to the device manager and put in some numbers that have, but that has not helped either!
Thanks for any help you can give me!
CC
m
l
Related resources
October 4, 2012 1:27:22 PM

Emerald said:
does you computer get an IP from the router?

can you PING the router?

How do I ping the router? Maybe I can try that. I have a Linksys Wireless N gigabit router. Did mention that the problem is on a desktop computer? My
laptop and Ipad are both fine.
m
l
a c 79 F Wireless
October 4, 2012 9:23:26 PM

go Start then Run in XP - (Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7), then type in the following, including all the spaces:- cmd /k ipconfig /all -- then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the word "IP Address" and "Gateway" -- usually something like 192.168.1.100.

to PING the Gateway type:

ping 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter Key (this should be the IP of the Gateway)

to test the internet PING the following:

ping 206.13.30.12 and hit Enter key

to test DNS for problems PING the following:

ping www.yahoo.com and hit Enter key

type exit to close the black form.
m
l
October 4, 2012 10:09:41 PM

the ping to the gateway did fine. Internet ping came back as 4 packets sent, 0 received, 4 lost. Testing the DNS came back as: could not find host www.yahoo.com

I tried that one twice
m
l
October 4, 2012 10:12:20 PM

the ping to the gateway did fine. Came back as 4 sent, 4 received, 0 lost.
Internet ping came back as 4 packets sent, 0 received, 4 lost. Testing the DNS came back as: could not find host www.yahoo.com

I tried that one twice
m
l
a c 79 F Wireless
October 4, 2012 10:19:49 PM

what router model do you have?

what modem do you have?
m
l
October 4, 2012 10:24:01 PM

Router is a WRT310N by Linksys Wireless N gigabit router

the modem is from Time Warner and is a: ARRIS Model TM602G
m
l
October 4, 2012 10:24:38 PM

Not sure if I should be doing this quick reply or Add a reply.
m
l
a c 79 F Wireless
October 5, 2012 6:13:37 AM

log into the Linksys and check under Status menu what the IP is the router has and ping it. I expect it to be 192.168.100.2 or same thing like that
m
l
a c 79 F Wireless
October 5, 2012 6:16:18 AM

also turn off the modem and router.

then turn on the modem wait about 5 min and then turn on the router
m
l
October 5, 2012 3:03:41 PM

Emerald said:
log into the Linksys and check under Status menu what the IP is the router has and ping it. I expect it to be 192.168.100.2 or same thing like that

Am I supposed to have a password for Linksys? And do I check this on my working, main computer or the one that is not working? I have seen a Linksys box come up on the bad computer that has something like WMP11 not connected, but thinking this is something old and not connected to this.
The device in there now is the PCI card. Is that a network card?

I will try finding this now.

I have turned everything off and waited yesterday, but will try it all again today.
m
l
October 5, 2012 3:12:01 PM

Just to add, that WMP11 says not connected, and has no numbers in it. Is this conneced to my problem?
m
l
October 5, 2012 6:44:57 PM

Emerald said:

I can't find anything to check status on the Linksys. This is what comes up when I go to all programs:
Wireless PC card
When I hit that, I get a purple box that says:
Instant Wireess Series
Wireless PCI Card
Set Up Wizaard ver. 1.1
2.4 GHZ 802.11b
WMP is not installed

WEP disabled

Any of this make any sense to you
m
l
a c 79 F Wireless
October 6, 2012 4:55:47 AM

you will need to connect the router via network cable to a computer

the login name should be Admin and password is either admin or password

make sure the wireless is configured for WEP and NOT as WPA or WPA2
m
l
October 6, 2012 2:30:30 PM

My son in law came over last night and worked on it for 5 hours and it is now running. I is not sure what was wrong, but suspected a virus somehow. Used a flash drive, and when thru a lot of programs, virus scans, etc. I do have Norton on this machine, but not sure really what was wrong. Right now it is working. I really appreciated all the help. Hopefully I will stay good and not have to bother you again! Thanks!! Cathy
m
l
October 8, 2012 2:52:27 PM

The problems continue! I keep getting messages about "Out of memory at Line 51, 57" etc. It is freezing up and I have to close all pages down, or restart.
Any more suggestions what could be wrong? Or is it time for a new machine!
m
l
October 8, 2012 2:53:45 PM

Emerald said:
you will need to connect the router via network cable to a computer

the login name should be Admin and password is either admin or password

make sure the wireless is configured for WEP and NOT as WPA or WPA2

Please read my new post. Still have problems!
m
l
!