voice commands, technical question about Shoot

Looking at the files which came with Shoot (speech-recognition, voice
activated commands), does anyone know what the file keymap.xml is
for?

I thought it was like a definition file but maybe it is out of sync
with the program? The keywords like CTRL and SHIFT used by the
program are not the keywords specified in the keymap.xml file.

Anyone familiar with that stuff? How can that file be used?

Thank you.

The keymap is pointing out the available keys (US) and the corresponding hex
addy. Different lang use diff layouts.

You need to edit the profiles which are in the drive\shoot\profiles. They
are xml files and can be edited with notepad.

Mitch

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> Looking at the files which came with Shoot (speech-recognition, voice
> activated commands), does anyone know what the file keymap.xml is
> for?
>
> I thought it was like a definition file but maybe it is out of sync
> with the program? The keywords like CTRL and SHIFT used by the
> program are not the keywords specified in the keymap.xml file.
>
> Anyone familiar with that stuff? How can that file be used?
>
> Thank you.

Oh yea, restore the original keymap and any other edited files before you
begin again. If you use a US keyboard leave it alone once you have restored
it.

"Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote:

> The keymap is pointing out the available keys (US) and the
> corresponding hex addy. Different lang use diff layouts.

Why doesn't "LeftControl A" work like "CTRL A"?

Why aren't CTRL or SHIFT in the key map file?

I'm not being critical, I really want to know so I can use this
thing as a speech recognition front for my own system wide macro
recorder (which works in games too).

> You need to edit the profiles which are in the
> drive\shoot\profiles. They are xml files and can be edited with
> notepad.

Or Visual Studio C++. I got that, thanks.

It should but Id guess its game dependant. Some games map both ctrl as a
single key. All the keymap is doing is mapping the key on your keyboard to
its corresponding hex address. If LeftControl doesnt work just remap the
keymap and reverse left and right control hex addy's?

> "Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>> The keymap is pointing out the available keys (US) and the
>> corresponding hex addy. Different lang use diff layouts.
>
> Why doesn't "LeftControl A" work like "CTRL A"?
>
> Why aren't CTRL or SHIFT in the key map file?
>
> I'm not being critical, I really want to know so I can use this
> thing as a speech recognition front for my own system wide macro
> recorder (which works in games too).
>
>> You need to edit the profiles which are in the
>> drive\shoot\profiles. They are xml files and can be edited with
>> notepad.
>
> Or Visual Studio C++. I got that, thanks.

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> "Mitch_A" <naman@nospam.pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > The keymap is pointing out the available keys (US) and the
> > corresponding hex addy. Different lang use diff layouts.

> Why doesn't "LeftControl A" work like "CTRL A"?

Left and Right Control keys generate different scan codes.

> Why aren't CTRL or SHIFT in the key map file?

Technically, those are not keys, but key modifiers. When you
hold those down, they produce a scan code, but also modify
scan codes of other keys pressed later.

> I'm not being critical, I really want to know so I can use this
> thing as a speech recognition front for my own system wide macro
> recorder (which works in games too).

Not by itself. It's just a nice template to put in all the keys and
such.
Sounds like you need to read up on how keyboard works and/or
Direct Input.

--KC