Where to store phone numbers?

Last response: in Brands
December 8, 2004 12:34:10 PM

When saving a number I get an option (V551) to store it to SIM or
Phone. I know that the SIM can move to other phones, but are their
other reasons to store a number in one place or another?

More about : store phone numbers

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:42:55 PM

In article <u44er018n0q4605n0g3jp7krphvvu4e89e@4ax.com>, sonicechoes-
spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com says...
> When saving a number I get an option (V551) to store it to SIM or
> Phone. I know that the SIM can move to other phones, but are their
> other reasons to store a number in one place or another?

The main ones are added value features - not all phones use the same
format for voice tags, picture caller-id and so on, or multiple numbers
per name. Sims tend to be one number per name, phone allows lots more
functions.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)
!