Sign in with
Your question

How to remove a computers connected to my network homegroup

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
October 4, 2012 12:09:37 PM

Hello,
another computer is connected to my home network, and i want to remove them as i don't know who it is. I also notice my files have been very recently shared within the 'homegroup'. i have not personally done this.is someone accessing my computer? please help!
October 4, 2012 3:28:16 PM

For all the computers you control quit the homegroup, then create a new homegroup and join all of your other controlled machines to that group with the new password.

Do you have others in the house that may have done it and not told you, or is your network not secure -- i.e. no or poor wireless security?
April 27, 2013 12:32:23 AM

RealBeast said:
For all the computers you control quit the homegroup, then create a new homegroup and join all of your other controlled machines to that group with the new password.

Do you have others in the house that may have done it and not told you, or is your network not secure -- i.e. no or poor wireless security?

April 27, 2013 12:34:44 AM

Realbeast -

I understand your approach. I have one computer that has a differnt page that does not have a
checkbox to remove the homegroup. Do you have aby idea how to proceed under that condition?
!